Sundown 8k SFB @ 2.67 ohms?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Ky
Just ordered three s i SQL 12s rated for 1,000 w rms each, I'm figuring that amp will produce about 3,500 to 4000 watts at that power. If the gain is turned down a little bit would that amp be safe running each of the 12s and 8 cubic feet sealed which usually needs a little more power anyway should be fine just don't want to blow my nice brand new subs!

Just ordered three s i SQL 12s rated for 1,000 w rms each, I'm figuring that amp will produce about 3,500 to 4000 watts at that power. If the gain is turned down a little bit would that amp be safe running each of the 12s and 8 cubic feet sealed which usually needs a little more power anyway should be fine just don't want to blow my nice brand new subs!
I meant to say .8 cubic feet net per sub, sry lol

@Buck should be able to get you lined out. .8 seems small to me.
It is small which is why I selected those particular subs, they're built to perform well in small sealed applications there's a cool video of one playing down to eight hz in .8 cubic feet on youtube. I really like the super sharp response and thump small sealed has I'll be running three of them 😊 I'm just wanting to make sure they'll be okay on that sundown 8k. Probably be just about right if the amp is producing 4K clean at 2.67 ohms

It is small which is why I selected those particular subs, they're built to perform well in small sealed applications there's a cool video of one playing down to eight hz in .8 cubic feet on youtube. I really like the super sharp response and thump small sealed has I'll be running three of them 😊 I'm just wanting to make sure they'll be okay on that sundown 8k. Probably be just about right if the amp is producing 4K clean at 2.67 ohms

If my math is right, it should be pushing about 4,563 watts @2.67 ohms.

Yeah I was worried it would be more than 3500 or 4000 I might get the 5K to play it safe they're actually not power hungry subs that don't need as much power as others due to the xbl2 design.

Go with the 8K and you'll have plenty of headroom and room for a future upgrade if you ever want to. Just adjust the gain properly and you'll be fine.

New lines are coming out this month from Sundown that are more efficient and have more power then the SFB lines. I would wait and see what the pricing is. Check out their facebook page and the facebook page for Apex Audio. Apex is in the same building as Sundown and sells all their stuff. They have some videos up on it showing the power on them.

New lines are coming out this month from Sundown that are more efficient and have more power then the SFB lines. I would wait and see what the pricing is. Check out their facebook page and the facebook page for Apex Audio. Apex is in the same building as Sundown and sells all their stuff. They have some videos up on it showing the power on them.

The current SFB's already do over rated power and are very efficient. And, the OP doesn't need more power. He's actually looking at buying less power.

Knew all that a long time ago. Their new lines are even better and the pricing is going to be about the same. I was recommending SFB right after they came out last year as I had emails from Apex before they were even announced thanks to one of the owners there I have managed to talk to a lot about their new stuff including an announced 4 channel from Apex that is 4x150 at 4ohms rms. The new line is even better hence why he should wait. Plus they might be reducing the pricing on the SFB if he really wants to go that route.

Knew all that a long time ago. Their new lines are even better and the pricing is going to be about the same. I was recommending SFB right after they came out last year as I had emails from Apex before they were even announced thanks to one of the owners there I have managed to talk to a lot about their new stuff including an announced 4 channel from Apex that is 4x150 at 4ohms rms. The new line is even better hence why he should wait. Plus they might be reducing the pricing on the SFB if he really wants to go that route.

Chinese amps, right?

20210129_141826.jpg

So what? We've been over all this before or have you forgotten? I would take their Chinese Full Bridge over just about anyone else full bridge including Taramps.

I understand. I just bought a Sundown SFB3K. I was just curious if you were going to ridicule people for buying Chinese amps like you do the people who buy Chinese subs.

Go with the 8K and you'll have plenty of headroom and room for a future upgrade if you ever want to. Just adjust the gain properly and you'll be fine.
that's what I was thinking if I turn the game down low enough the signal will be cleaner and won't be as much juice and give me a room to upgrade I've already got the 320 amp mech man alternator installed and going to put at least 40 amp hours worth of lithium power in the back if not eating so I believe my electrical is good and I'm running the fattest wires I can fit.

the subs probably won't be in until the beginning of March plus I have a couple weeks worth of sound insulation box building and wiring up to do so no big hurry I am curious to see if something better comes out or the sfb series drops in price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.