sundown 1500d

Its fine...look in my sig. thats the board of a perfect IA 20.1

is there any reason they put so much glue on it....doesn't that make heating more of a problem.

Its fine...I PROMISE.

ok but....im just saying that if they used less heating would be less of a problem (not saying that my sundown does, because sundown is amazing!)

The glue is normal. It holds the heavy transformer in place so rattling doesn't break the solder joint over time. Those transformers have quite a bit of copper wire on them, thus a good bit of weight, imagine if they were just solder and the amp was mounted on a vertical surface... now say you hit a huge bump in your car... use your imagination //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Heat is a also non-issue for these amps at any normal load. The transformers operate well within tolerance even after extended periods of time.

Hope that fully answers your question!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.