Sundown 1500D Problem

GL getting this problem solved....Sundown amps are so over-built it's really hard to break them....I do hope it's under warranty if you are not able to figure it out....

I don't have a clue on why it happened to me. I don't think I'm going to have much luck with the warranty since I don't even know who got it before the guy I got it from if that makes any sense. Maybe me and Jacob could meet up and figure something out.

If you can get the original invoice and it's still under warranty I'll take a look at it.

The problem you are describing with the lights blinking on and off is not one I have ever seen - so I would continue to investigate. Perhaps run wires outside of the car right from the battery to see if it works there to rule out a short in your power or ground.

If you can get the original invoice and it's still under warranty I'll take a look at it.
The problem you are describing with the lights blinking on and off is not one I have ever seen - so I would continue to investigate. Perhaps run wires outside of the car right from the battery to see if it works there to rule out a short in your power or ground.
I have the 100.2 and the protection light would come on at first then blink off. I relocated my ground and made it a 1/0gauge and now my amp works fine. Check the ground.

Chris at dB-r quoted me a flat rate of 125+shipping for a regular fix on a Sundown 1500D, which aint too bad which is out of warranty, but I'm working on getting the invoice now.

Chris at dB-r quoted me a flat rate of 125+shipping for a regular fix on a Sundown 1500D, which aint too bad which is out of warranty, but I'm working on getting the invoice now.
LMK if you get a hold of that - you aren't too far away from me.

Now that I think about it, I truly think it was entirely my fault. Ok the 4 dollar iPod to AUX cable I had was going out and it would only play on one side. I would have to push and hold the wire for both sides to play.

What this done to the amp was when it went to one side and only one sub, it messed the impedance load all to hell going from 1 ohm to whatever, and it happened frequently where it would go from one side to both //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif My wire started going out about two days before that. I think I finally put the nail in the coffin by messing with the amp so much by changing loads and everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...