Sundown 1500D Problem

Blove1991
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Situation: I was driving last night listening to me system. System had been running for a whole of maybe 2 songs. Near the end of the second song my output turns to nothing, I notice the remote bass knob is blinking instead of fully lit and I stop and check the amp and the power and protection are both steadily blinking.

Im thinking it could be the RCA's? Due to the fact they're super old, but it never showed any sign of bad signal or what not it just shutoff. I figured if it was something internally then the protection light would be on. I'm not sure what both of them blinking is supposed to mean.

Any help would be appreciated

I do not think that the RCas have anything to do with the amplifiers output putting the amplifier into protect....kind of like blaming old speaker wire causing a protection issue......however if it is not under warranty i may be interested.

Good luck.

check all your connections, start at the amp. if your voltage for both the power and remote are fine check your signal. My guess is you have a loose power connection, although ive never seen an amp flash the lights like that...

Check your speaker wires at the amp and at the speaker too, something may have came loose

ps just talked to him, and im 99.9% sure it has to do with his ghetto remote wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

im pretty sure that the fuse he tapped for the remote wire ( remote on the HU died for some unknown reason ) was had a poor connection, causing the amp to turn on and off quicly

check your power wire first make sure your getting a good connection......speaker connection (voice coils) can make amp unhappy too.....where are your gains set?.... just food 4 thought

im pretty sure that the fuse he tapped for the remote wire ( remote on the HU died for some unknown reason ) was had a poor connection, causing the amp to turn on and off quicly
in that case could he not take a spare piece of wire and jump over from the power on the amplifier to the remote turn on on the amplifier ?

in that case could he not take a spare piece of wire and jump over from the power on the amplifier to the remote turn on on the amplifier ?
exactly what I told him to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Indeed - try fixing the remote lead.

Generally the protect or power will be lit steadily. The protect light may flash on briefly while the amp powers on, and if the amp was powering on and off rapidly due to a bad connection it may act like you describe.

Ok update:

I wired the remote from the 12v to the remote and it still came on and just blinked. When the Sundown normally comes on it makes a small tick. If the amp was powering on and off wouldn't it make that tick each time?

Its coming down to the amp.....Looks like Ill be sending it somewhere to get repaired sometime down the road once I get the money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...