Suggestions on some good comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

uzy
10+ year member

O
hey

im gona be getting a new sub and so i thought i might need to upgrade my speakers, i currently have some Alpine S types and they kinda **** they dont realy dazzle or bring life to the music. i need some bright speakers that will sound good and will be hella loud. i listen to Hip Hop and rap so is it possible to get some speakers which will sound good while listening to hip hop. i got 70rms to power them at each channel

thanks

What is you price range. The Pioneer TS720PRS are always a good choice. 70rms should run them fine in their passive configuration. Just use the search function on the forum, 720's lot of info about them. You can get the for like 250.00 alot of places. I like Rainbow Germs, PG's, MB Quartz get loud, Diamond. Alot of good choices out there.

Just read an in-depth review on the 720s. The mid-bass seem to be hungry for pwr and not as effecient. 70wrms both channels will run them but by what I read 100wrms per channel is what makes the comp set sing in passive set-up and the midbass would have taken even more. However the review did state the midbass where some of the best ever heard and tweeters could hold there own against some big names. The person giving the review is highly regarded as an SME-Subject Matter Expert.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.