Suggestion on how to wire remote-wire please??

I believe you're safe either way, so which ever way is cheaper / more convenient. Although you may want to step up a guage in wire size just for posterity sake.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by Frraksurred I believe you're safe either way, so which ever way is cheaper / more convenient. .

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I agree

I got a question for you guys.....I was wondering if you could use a distribution block for your remote wire? If so would you happen to know where I could find a small gauge distribution block? Im running 4 amps so I was thinking along the lines of 12gauge??

Any help please?

Originally posted by Jeremy jl fan I got a question for you guys.....I was wondering if you could use a distribution block for your remote wire? If so would you happen to know where I could find a small gauge distribution block? Im running 4 amps so I was thinking along the lines of 12gauge??

Any help please?
Way overkill dude. 22 gage wire is good enough for remotes. We're talking milliamps, not amps. Just daisy-chain them together.
Of course for 4 amps, you should use a relay like Radio Shack's 275-218... right Chris? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So it would be ok to use a block for my remote wire since it has to split to 4 amps? I live in Germany man so I dont have a radioshack to go to......where could I get a relay online? If you could buy one and ship it to me I would pay you and that would be great for me....

Thanks man...so on the wiring I could run the remote from my hu to the first amp then run another wire from the first amp to the second and so on and that will be fine?

Exactly.

If you have 14 awg, don't go buy 22 awg just for the install. Extra guage size won't hurt, but as Maylar said it's also not necessary in your situation.

Thanks alot guys...as for the wire its no problem I have a whole role of ice blue remote turn on wire.....along with a role of 10guage wire lol just incase thanks though so the distribution block idea is out the window......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.