suggestion on a new box for my new subs.

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheUnderFighter
10+ year member

Beer Addict
I've got an old box, for my old subs, in my old truck. Sealed and angled for Two 10" JLW0. This might have been fine for my old Bronco, but now the truck and subs are gone.

As my buddy was doing his new truck with an aftermarket system, he realized his subs were too big to fit in his slim-line box under the seat... so we traded.

So now I have two 10" Clarion PXW1051

Clarion U.S.A. | PXW1051

So I've got those subs in a Hyundai Elantra. So in the trunk. I am looking for Sound Quality for the most part, I love the bass, but I listen to a broad range of music, and really just want it clean and hard.

So I need to know, do I want them facing toward the cabin? or to the back of the trunk? And ported or sealed? Do I even NEED a new box?

SQ= sealed. Fire to the rear unless you plan on sealing off the trunk and then you can fire into the cabin. I say leave the sq to your front stage and let a sub do what its meant to do. Ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.