please help with fi audio enclosure and other questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

jose_hdz646
10+ year member

fi audio please help lots of question and please excuse if i miss spelled anything

i will be purchasing some fi audio subs soon and i was wondering has anyone ever boght subs from them? if so is the shipping free? .......................... and one more thing i wanna get 1 18inch sub i have very limited space but im pretty sure i can make a good box with about 4 to 5 cubic feet of volume for the sub, should i get a 18 or a 15? i went to a car audio shop and they told me that 15s sound just like 18s so it would be pointless to spend extra money on a 18. is this true? and will one 18 in a really good box sound better than 2 12s? remember im getting an 18 because i have space for only one, will and i plan to take this to competitions will i be able to hit at least in the low 140s i have a 2000 wrms amp autotek meanmachine and im gonno be doing the big three upgrade and getting a deepcell battery for the trunk, that being said will i be able to hit low 140s in a competition? and i have never been to a tournament so i dont know were they read the decibles i just wanna hit low 140s, one more thing sorry guys i just need some help with this,... i was also told i need to tie down my main power wire every 6 inches in order to compete is this true?

if i wanna hit low 140s or mid how can i make one of those ports that come out of the box? so when i go to competitions just switch it out for a port tuned to somewhere around 40s? and another for daily use tuned to about 34 32 or so, and to hit high dbs does your port need to be tuned high like 40s?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.