Suggestion for 6 1/2 rear...

cgraz1187
10+ year member

I have an 06 civic lx, everything is factory, 2 tweeters in the dash, 2 door, and two rear dash. The factory system isnt the greatest,I wont upgrade to a better deck being that my car needs a double din mount and they look very out of place. I want to upgrade the rear speakers and Im asking for suggesttions. Im trying to stay at $100 or less for the pair. Right now Im loking at the kicker 05KS60 http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14834 ..

Im mainly look for better bass from the rear speakers, nothing extreme just a little bit more bass without adding a sub or component system.

there are quite a few threads and information about wether or not to use rear fill. It is a pretty hot topic around here... my opinion it is more personal taste, I feel there is a hole without it...and yes, I have invested a lot more money in to my front stage then I wanted to trying to accomplish the full effect I get by running a pair of mono speakers on my rear deck. DO NOT, and may I repeat, DO NOT put tweets or co-ax/component sets back there..you will totally ruin it.

If you only have room for a 6.5's in the back then just try to find a hard hitting mid somewhere. But if you have space for 6x9's get the JL VR's. The tweeter is very very weak and i play mine with an "All Pass" signal at 50HZ high pass. Sounds like there is a sub back there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.