Suggestion and volume for fiberglass box for VFL-8D4

Participant count
  • Participants list

katit

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi!

I did search forum and found couple of posts on this 8in sub. At first I though I will build sealed enclosure and that would be the easiest knowing volume.
But all those posts pointed that it is best for this sub to be ported.

Because of space constraints - it will be custom fiberglass irregular shape and only 8in is really feasible.

Can I just create "port" from couple sections of PVC pipe just to get it to needed size?
Where is this port should be? Should it go outside to the cabin?

Image is to show current factory sub enclosure (plastic) and space..
Or maybe it's good idea to reuse factory enclosure and just fabricate whatever needed to mount new sub?

Attachments

• IMG_20130105_124231_zpsb837489f.jpg
    IMG_20130105_124231_zpsb837489f.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 238
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.