Convert your rear cargo cover or rear deck into a subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hegeldas

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I have a poor audio system audi A3 8v original (2019), it give me 8 speaker for a head unit that produce 4x20watts, the sound is very distorded, unclear, i was really unhappy to can't choose the B&O sound system because i need a car directly and everything in stock was with original, low end audio system... Very shitty, never heard a poor sound like that...

I had a class d plug n play amplifier from isotec 4ds, a german brand that allow to connect amplifier without any wiring modification, and it work really nice, now, i am looking to add a subwoofer, on the 2 audio option, audi give a subwoofer in the emergency wheel, that's not bad, but i had an idea and would like to know if anyone try that before.

I would like to convert my rear deck or cargo cover into a very large subwoofer?

I found this type of shaker recently for a gaming application, and i would like to add just one of this in the middle of my rear deck to see if it can produce vibration :)

I will add a class d amplifer and the needed wiring, but just to know if this could produce an interesting results?

My car is a rental car, so, I am very limited to modifications...

Let me know, it's an idea :)

Hello,

I have a poor audio system audi A3 8v original (2019), it give me 8 speaker for a head unit that produce 4x20watts, the sound is very distorded, unclear, i was really unhappy to can't choose the B&O sound system because i need a car directly and everything in stock was with original, low end audio system... Very shitty, never heard a poor sound like that...

I had a class d plug n play amplifier from isotec 4ds, a german brand that allow to connect amplifier without any wiring modification, and it work really nice, now, i am looking to add a subwoofer, on the 2 audio option, audi give a subwoofer in the emergency wheel, that's not bad, but i had an idea and would like to know if anyone try that before.

I would like to convert my rear deck or cargo cover into a very large subwoofer?

I found this type of shaker recently for a gaming application, and i would like to add just one of this in the middle of my rear deck to see if it can produce vibration :)

I will add a class d amplifer and the needed wiring, but just to know if this could produce an interesting results?

My car is a rental car, so, I am very limited to modifications...

Let me know, it's an idea :)
Those are better suited for seat mounting. Their design is to allow the user to "feel" the bass rather than hear it. You will hear bass due to a large vibrating surface, but it will more likely be your brain filling in those notes due to the feeling. Just like a Lazy Boy massage chair. But hey, if you execute your idea and it works; we will be on to something new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.