suggest a good 6.5" component set under $150

surreyjack
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ca
It'll be going in my altima sedan. Not looking for anything too expensive, or too cheap either, trying to keep it under $150.

I have two type r's in the trunk for bass.

edit: if it matters I mainly listen to rap music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum boners: PG RSD & ID CTX
sorry not good with acronyms what are the model numbers?

Polk db's are awesome for the price.
Yeah I've been looking at the DB's just need to do my research since I cant find any local retailers that sell them. Have you used them?

I installed these in my duathers car ' date='misfit 138 recommended .I love them . They sound so great . I am going to order another set for my work truck .

Crescendo Audio :: Component Speaker Systems :: CCX65
thanks, bookmarked. did you install an amp with them, if so what kind?

Pioneer Ts-d1720 FTW ! The Id's are nice as well.
I've used pioneer speakers in the past and havent been impressed, but thanks I'll look into these.

Even tho they r over 150, polk mm are pretty nice too. I like them alot
These are the $200 ones? Yeah a little out of my price range. I'm trying to keep it under $300 for both the amp and component set.

ge_off_me has some Kicker Impulse 6.5"s for $80 shipped in the Con US, but I don't know how much shipping would be to BC. The guy's in Oregon, so it may not be too bad. You should give him a holler, OP.

ge_off_me has some Kicker Impulse 6.5"s for $80 shipped in the Con US, but I don't know how much shipping would be to BC. The guy's in Oregon, so it may not be too bad. You should give him a holler, OP.
I'm a little skeptic about buying used speakers. Do you know the model number? I did a quick google search and didn't really find anything.

My friend used to have kicker subs in his car, and I couldn't stand them, I hope the speakers dont sound as bad.

Has anybody had experience with MB Quarts? I'm looking at the reference and premium 6.5s right now.

I'm a little skeptic about buying used speakers. Do you know the model number? I did a quick google search and didn't really find anything.My friend used to have kicker subs in his car, and I couldn't stand them, I hope the speakers dont sound as bad.

Has anybody had experience with MB Quarts? I'm looking at the reference and premium 6.5s right now.
Kicker Impulse C6.5a

I've bought two amps from ge_off_me and both were perfect. I'm currently paying him for 3 more amps and I'm quite sure they'll be perfect too. He's a good seller.

Kicker Impulse C6.5a
I've bought two amps from ge_off_me and both were perfect. I'm currently paying him for 3 more amps and I'm quite sure they'll be perfect too. He's a good seller.
i dont remember what the impulse line sounded like but it was there cheaper model , BUT!! its old school kicker so it may be nice. kicker resolution series components from the mid and late 90's sounded awesome.

Kicker Impulse C6.5a
Thanks. I'll message him and see what else he gots since I need basically everything from amps to speakers.

you can buy b-stock cdt m6's and drt-26t's for 150 on cdts website right now. i did.
can you list some pros and cons if any?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.