Speakers or Comp set?

Wildbillpb
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have two 15s and my vocals sound like ****... I am on a tight budget since I am in college and I just had a **** ton of bills come out of my stash. What do you think should I get speakers or component sets? Should I get just one set or two (front and back or just front)? If so what can I get that sounds good around $80-100 for the speakers (for each set if I need to get fronts and backs)? I will probably run an MB Quart DSC 450 or 480... Also another reason I am trying to save money is because I need to build a new box cause mine is to small for my woofers, and I need to get a new amp for my woofers since the one I had was **** so I got rid of it. I'm getting an MB Quart DSC 1500.1 for the woofers. Which also means that they should get louder since it is a better amp and box, so my vocals will be even worse I won't be able to hear them.

So what do you think? I know that the MB Quart 1500 is good but I have never heard anyone praise their 4 channels if anyone knows another amp with good SQ and enough watts to drive speakers or a component set.

i'd sell one of your 15's and invest in better speakers. for someone without money you are spending too much money on bass. any speakers you put in the rear deck will be distorted and eventually destroyed by the subs in the trunk unless you build enclosures for them. being loud and sounding good requires money. you can probably get a single 15 to do what you want in the right enclosure and properly oriented in the trunk.

i think 6.5" speakers are a good move for the front door and enclosed rear locations, but make your own adapter plates. you'll need to verify mounting depth and the plastic adapters don't give you extra depth which is sometimes required. get into your front doors now and measure the available depth and height. and obviously, i recommend a component set up front so you can place the tweeter higher up. for the rear deck, you can just attach some 6.5" boxes to the rear deck and bottom mount the whole assembly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.