Subzero's Soundstream Cavalier rebuild

Di VInci 12 would look sexy
If you can find one that was actually magnetized.. lol ever wonder why they went from $750 down to $135 back in the day? because unauthorized dealers got stuck with the products lol!!! I believe with all the Davinci subs out there only one out of every 4 ( 25%) were actually magnetized..

how many cubes is the box?
I dont know how to calculate a folded transmissionline box. I had the spec drawn up by a guy on DIYMA. I want to guess, 1.5 before it starts into the folded line. Folded line looks to be 2 cubes cut in angled halves. empties out at a 2.5 inch opening.

If you can find one that was actually magnetized.. lol ever wonder why they went from $750 down to $135 back in the day? because unauthorized dealers got stuck with the products lol!!! I believe with all the Davinci subs out there only one out of every 4 ( 25%) were actually magnetized..
ok, so nobody knows how well these perform when magnitized? I wonder how hard it would be to have one magnitized if I where to find one?

final tweeter resting places. Up hight to lift the image up

IMG00124-20100612-1209.jpg

These are adjustable axis tweets. This combination with the fine tunning = amazing sq

IMG00123-20100612-1209.jpg

I am taking kitties to new home.

IMG00177-20100629-0755.jpg

This is a sketch of the box I want to experiment with.

experiment.jpg

Oh yea, I put the LOUD... back in

IMG00084-20100511-1507.jpg

IMG00024-20100504-0849-1-1.jpg

I will be looking at the SPLX or Refference subs to replace these. Or sum subs that total 2ohms together with a rms handle of 2000rms combined

subzero... i am currently working on an install in my 2002 cavalier... after looking over your cavi build i figured you would know... but anyhow, without building pods like you did, could i fit a 6.5 where the stock 4X6's were and if so how much depth do i have to work with... its so hard to tell and i havent taken my panels off to measure for myself yet.

subzero... i am currently working on an install in my 2002 cavalier... after looking over your cavi build i figured you would know... but anyhow, without building pods like you did, could i fit a 6.5 where the stock 4X6's were and if so how much depth do i have to work with... its so hard to tell and i havent taken my panels off to measure for myself yet.
I believe it was 1 and 1/4 inches from the panel to the sheetmetal. Then after the sheetmetal you have 3/4 inches till you interfe with the window.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.