Subzero's Soundstream Cavalier rebuild

subzero
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I am makeing door pods for my refference comps. I am also restructuring my amp racks and possibly downsizing to just one sub. Here are some pics of the first phase. I am too lazy to post more at this time.

IMG00512.jpg

IMG00516.jpg

IMG00511.jpg

IMG00519.jpg

IMG0052500000.jpg

The new:

IMG0052600000.jpg

IMG0053000000.jpg

IMG0052700000.jpg

IMG00528.jpg

The door pods getting fitted. next phase will be skinning them and aligning the tweeter. I am having issues on where to place them

Finshed 2 out of 3. pods remaining...

finishedtrunk.jpg

finishedproduct.jpg

The amp cover comes off. I plan on repainting it. Over all the new setup is nice. However the comps seem to be hungry for more powah.

Love me some soundstream. I'm wanting T5s but leaning towards staying with dc for subs... blah.
I see you like my photo/avatar ;^)

Looking good subzero, how you liking the comps? I am picking some up with my next order w/ a few other goodies.

i like them. there is still alot I am tweeking out. I kinda wish the tweet where a tad smaller for more concealed apperence and more placement options. Right now I am still not sure where the fuck to put the tweets.

I see you like my photo/avatar ;^)
Looking good subzero, how you liking the comps? I am picking some up with my next order w/ a few other goodies.
Had it on my pc and couldn't remember where I got it from lol i'll change it no biggie.

i like them. there is still alot I am tweeking out. I kinda wish the tweet where a tad smaller for more concealed apperence and more placement options. Right now I am still not sure where the fuck to put the tweets.
love your build bro, keep it up.

Had it on my pc and couldn't remember where I got it from lol i'll change it no biggie. QUOTE]
you don't have to change it, it just suprised me feel free to use it just give me credit if asked where ya got it ;-) It took a while to set it up to look right in a photo

THanks for all the comments and views. My pods are still being fitted. I am waint on them so I can adjust all the settings. From the testing I did, I think I might have to dedicate my 880.2 to the comps and put my XTA360.4 in to power my 6.9's.

As for the bass, havent really been able to test it extremly. Although, it does seem a litle weak to my ears, prob cuz I am used to 2 subs at 140db's daily... Any suggestions for a sub that does well off 1000rms at 1 ohm, or 2000rms at 2 ohms? I wish Soundstream made something like that...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.