subwoofer?

you could also be opening pandora's box with a question that general in nature.... more specifics?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

would affect the output frequency or of the notes
the ouput frequency of a sub is determined by the source unit, not the sub itself (different sized subs will "put out" the same frequency, just how well they will handle said frequencies depends on MANY more factors than just size of the sub)

I am sorry.I speak little English

and why is there a difference in inches from the subwoofer?
More cone area = more volume displaced, which COULD lead to more output, but not necessarily. Also, it helps sell the product because people think bigger is better.

Bigger is better for the most part. A cheap 12 could be outperformed by a beast of an 8 but generally speaking, given the proper enclosure, more cone area will yield more sound pressure given a certain power input.

The low frequency performance will increase as xmax and cone area increase, all other things equal. If you have room, get a bigger sub. I just don't want you to get the idea that small subs are generally better. Pretty much the only advantage to them is space. The box is a bigger factor.

8, 10, 12, 15 = they all are equal
if there enclosure were the same(according to each size of the woofer) and they were tuned the same they will play the same frequency's , but the bigger ones would just be a little louder (in theory to many factors come into play)

make a big box for 8s so they can have a lot of volume so they COULD have the same output as 15s

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/dont.gif.ed5870f9483b695f9745036963f41c24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.