Subwoofer wattage rating...

Participant count
  • Participant list

D-Psypel

Ok don't take me for an idiot, being on a mobile audio site and asking such a question.. I am new to the whole car audio thing and right now I'm running 2 10" subs with a 400w amp. Anyway it's lame and I'm trying to find out about REAL systems.. I just bought 2 1000w Koiiler Subs and I've put them in an enclosure. Anyway the rating on these subs is 500 rms and 1000 peak.. I have 2 questions, they're both about an amp, I need to know what kind to get.. Does 500 rms and 1000 peak mean I put it on a 500w channel or 1000w? And my second question about the amp is: If I run a 1000-2000w amp, would it screw up my car? Would I HAVE to get my alternator rewound or anything? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

D-Psypel

First, I doubt Koiler subs will take 500 rms. RMS is continual power. So it should be 500 watts to each sub which is a total of 1000 watts RMS for 2 subs. I have a 1200.1 right now and I did not have to change the alternator until I got 2 of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.