Subwoofer stops playing, howcome?

nofriends46
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have 2 12" Rockford DVC 800watt peak subs, and being push by a Punch500a.

Only now my subs are stops playing for some reason. Is it because the amp is hot, wiring, etc...???? Sometimes it plays and sometimes it stops.

Also sometimes the subs pound and sometimes it sound soft, then it comes to normal. Any suggestions whats wrong?? Thanks!

make a few checks on ur amp(s). Do they stay on? Check all the wiring to and from ur subs. Check the ground, if theres any rust buildup etc., near the ground it can affect the way it plays. Also check the fuse under the hood connected to the battery. You might also wanna check the remote wire behind in back of the head unit.

Check your fuses!! If the amp is ona nd the speakers are not them check wiring. Check to make sure your amp didn't go into Protection also. If it is check fuses again and also check wireing is not shorting. If everything checks OK when you have it on and playing try pushing the sub cones in and out and see if they com on. If they don't then have somebody with a little more knowledge check it out. If they do then you have blow your subs. (Which I doubt RF Rocks)

If it plays fine for a while then shuts down then your amp is overheating and going into protection. you then need to relocate your amp, add a fan, not play it as load or buy a bigger badder amp.( Which is what I think you have happening here!) For those Subs you should have the 800.2 at least!!) You are probably overdriving them to getthe sound & db that you are looking for. My friend had the same problem. I think that this is your problem!

Also check the ohms of your speakers. If you are bridging the amp, the impedence may be too low for the amp to function properly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Well,,,the guys before me said everything i was going to say except whether or not you ave it wired parallel or in series. You can run it bridged into parallel and that will work because i have the exact same setup and i have no problems. Check to make sure you have your subs wired right but it doesnt sound like your subs. It sounds to me since it plays soft and then loud,,,you have a wire loose or maybe a ground. You should be running no smaller the 4Ga. Or maybe its just time for a new amp:D

I grounded everything good, also i have a capaictor. Maybe when the capaictor runs out of juice, it just probably sounds loud than after it goes soft......

No the cap charges faster than the battery. It just provides instant power to the subs when the big bass note hits. then can charge faster than the Alternator can recharge your battery. Thus, keeping your system voltage at 13.8 or Better. Without a cap. Running a high volumes yoru system can fall below 12V thus resulting in poor performance.

Still think you blew a fuse if they are alway out. If they are running fine then crapping out your Amp is going into protection. You may have a sick Amp or you are pushing it to hard.

I think i figured it out, the postive on the cap. Dam thing is hard to screw, so its like one 80% screwed on, i think its jam, so the power wire are loose, when it stops, i move the power wire, than it plays, give a little spark. dam.... should i put a washer in so make it mroe tight or some electric tape?

What guage wire are you using. You should be running 4 guage to the cap. If you are not that is the reason that it won't screw all the way. If you are then you need to figure out why it won't screw down. Might need to retap it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.