My System...

b1utigg3r2
10+ year member

I finally got my system hooked up today... Here's pictures where you can see my car and the stereo system... http://hooked_up_benz.tripod.com I took about an hour to connect the 4-gauge wire then the RCA Cable... I connected everything and I almost killed my amplifier... My subs were acting weird... One was popping out like normal and the other went in like crazy... I took it from Best Buy to a local car stereo shop and paid $45 for them to connect it correctly... It seems to me I might have polarized it wrong... and a best buy guy said that I didn't need an additional wire for amp turn on to the cap... **** guy... Now my system is thumping hard! I love it! People are turning heads and starring at my car!

looks nice. my friend had the same system in his 2000 impala. he went through ALOT of those subs. he had the same amp to them. he kept blowing his subs. finally he got some db+'s with a 1200 watt kenwood excelon amp. good sq with a little spl

great to see you up and going... in the future try a custom box... also i could have gotten you hooked up with another sub but i realize it is a month to late lol

Nice setup and i love those speakers, but why the wiper fluid lights!? Those (imo) are more for a sports car or truck don't you think? That is a BENZ! Keep it looking suave and royal! Just my opinion though, if you like it, do the dam n thang!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Nice setup

Was wondering if the alpine HU gave you enough mid/high power on your normal speakers to compensate with the bass... I know Benz uses high end speakers and I know that most alpines got HP/LP sets on each speaker

So basically, hows your balance ? And what did you pay for the alpine HU and did you ever experienced other HU's, if so... which suits you best ?

keep up the good work & peace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.