subwoofer shuts off when music is loud...need help!!!!!

Comp12s
10+ year member

RESPECTABLE XPLODES HAHA
i have only had this problem in my current car and head unit...i have a 1993 ford ranger supercab, what happens is when i put the volume past a certain point only my subwoofer stops putting out power and seems to shut off,my amp stays on and so does my capacitor, my amp is a pioneer 760 watt ( GM-510T) and my sub is an alpine type-r (SWR-1221D) and my head unit is an alpine (CDA-7892), i used to have systems in my other cars and this was never a problem, actually never had this problem till i got this car, all the wires are secured,tight,in the right place,i have power acoustic 4-ga. wire for everything except remote wire.and also my other speakers work fine when the sub just shuts off, and when i turn the volume down even just one point it turns back on. also i used to have 12 ga wire and when i put it past that certain level and it shut off i left it there to c if it would turn back on and all it did was blow the fuse from my power wire, even now when i have 4 ga wire and a 150A fuse it still does it, it hasnt blown the fuse yet,i dont think it would though its a huge fuse.. my amp,capacitor, and head unit all still have power and nothing turns off, just the sub stops working..all the connections are normal and my capacitor reads 14.4 when my sub goes off.it is really weird...ive tried messing with all the adjusters for everything, headunit and amp both, still does it... it might be my speaker wires going from my sub to the box and then the wires from the box to my amp. they are just regular home speaker wires and their pretty thin and flimsy, i was thinking if i used 10 ga or 12 ga speaker wire it would be able to put more power to the subs, do you think that could be it?i mean i would think bigger is better....... i need help, any suggestions would be helpful...

i have only had this problem in my current car and head unit...i have a 1993 ford ranger supercab, what happens is when i put the volume past a certain point only my subwoofer stops putting out power and seems to shut off,my amp stays on and so does my capacitor, my amp is a pioneer 760 watt ( GM-510T) and my sub is an alpine type-r (SWR-1221D) and my head unit is an alpine (CDA-7892), i used to have systems in my other cars and this was never a problem, actually never had this problem till i got this car, all the wires are secured,tight,in the right place,i have power acoustic 4-ga. wire for everything except remote wire.and also my other speakers work fine when the sub just shuts off, and when i turn the volume down even just one point it turns back on. also i used to have 12 ga wire and when i put it past that certain level and it shut off i left it there to c if it would turn back on and all it did was blow the fuse from my power wire, even now when i have 4 ga wire and a 150A fuse it still does it, it hasnt blown the fuse yet,i dont think it would though its a huge fuse.. my amp,capacitor, and head unit all still have power and nothing turns off, just the sub stops working..all the connections are normal and my capacitor reads 14.4 when my sub goes off.it is really weird...ive tried messing with all the adjusters for everything, headunit and amp both, still does it... it might be my speaker wires going from my sub to the box and then the wires from the box to my amp. they are just regular home speaker wires and their pretty thin and flimsy, i was thinking if i used 10 ga or 12 ga speaker wire it would be able to put more power to the subs, do you think that could be it?i mean i would think bigger is better....... i need help, any suggestions would be helpful...
Either low voltage or the amp is clipping, and going into protect mode. lower your gain a bit and see if it stops or gets better. if it gets better but doesn't stop keep lowering your gain.

no i ve tried all that someone said it might be a deffective amp but that would be two amps that are which is very unlikely..do u think it would be the thin flimsy speaker wire?

I have the exact same problem and can't seem to find the problem. I have already burnt 12 fuses within 2 days. Some of them even melted. I'm running two RE SE 12 inchers on an Audiosystem F2 500.

it is wired in series so it is a 4 ohm load, this crappy amp i have would probably blow up if i wired it in parallel to get a 1 ohm load. lol:laugh: im thinking it might be speaker wire since its real thin and flimsy, it doesnt matter anyway im putting myt new subs in in a few days i just hope that problem doesnt still happen then bc i will be using 12ga speaker wire

i have the same problem right now, i have 3500w pioneer premier, it turns off when i put the volume up can anyone help meeeeeeeeeeeee plz

you guys should check your amps when the subs go out. see if they shut off or if any lights on the amp show a "protect" color.

it could be a lose wire or lose connections that becomes loose when the subs start to push a lot of air and move things around. but it sounds more like low voltage.

hopefully its a lose connection, cus that would be a lot easier to fix. check that your main power and ground to the amp are connected good. and check that the wire from the amp to the subwoofer are tight and secure. check that your rcas at your headunit and amp are also secure. you might also want to check that your wiring ON the subs inside the box are all connected tight to the terminals on the subs.

if all that is good then it could be your voltage.

im having a similiar problem, except its backwards for me.... when it gets too loud or even sometimes at low output my full range goes out and only my subs play! weird.. i also have a cpacitor and i hear it beeping that the voltage is too low, so it could be the same for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.