Subwoofer Settings

The gain matches the volume on your head unit. That needs adjusted. Turn the gain on your amp down all the way, set the volume on your stereo at the highest level you would actually listen to it at (usually 75% of max volume on the stereo), go back to the amp and slowly turn your gain up until you hear it distorts then back it off just a little. Now you know the max volume you can turn your stereo up to before your sub starts sounding bad. The bass boost and bass boost frequency turned all the way down. The crossover knob turned all the way up.
Ok all that makes sense, just where should the bass volume control that is under my dash be set or adjusted to during the adjustment process of the sub dials or just the Gain rather?

Ok all that makes sense, just where should the bass volume control that is under my dash be set or adjusted to during the adjustment process of the sub dials?
Is that a bass knob on your dash? If it is, adjust the gain on the amp with that all the way down also. Put your EQ on flat also. After you’ve adjusted your amplifier gain/volume, you can turn those to wherever your music taste desires.

you want bass knob all the way up or you will get little to no output while adjusting gains on amp
Kinda depends on the bass knob. If it’s for a bass boost, no. If it’s a potentiometer, yes. I could’ve clarified that better, but I’m not sure how to say it to someone who isn’t a car audio guy.

Is that a bass knob on your dash? If it is, adjust the gain on the amp with that all the way down also. Put your EQ on flat also. After you’ve adjusted your amplifier gain/volume, you can turn those to wherever your music taste desires.
I used a bit of your advice and my own opinion to find a happy medium I think. I found when shutting of bass volume control as well as Eq on flat; I was unable to notice enough significant difference with any Gain turn. The bass boost on the sub I put a hair above low, it was way too loud. I did not notice much difference in Bass Freq nor crossover when turning, so I put them as you suggested. It ended up fixing my prob though, thanks.

the input gain can be adjusted using the included wired remote bass control knob or via the input gain control mounted on the enclosure side panel. copy and pasted right from the linked website

the input gain can be adjusted using the included wired remote bass control knob or via the input gain control mounted on the enclosure side panel.
Right so does that mean leave it alone, or turn up or down all the way? I adjusted the gain on the sub according to bass volume control all the way up. The gain ended up being slightly less than half before distortion.

the input gain can be adjusted using the included wired remote bass control knob or via the input gain control mounted on the enclosure side panel. ........ are you retarded?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...