Subwoofer Recomendations

hellomate7654

NYC
Hello Everyone,

I am looking at buying two 12" subwoofers, around 600 watts rms, and for around $200 each (however I am willing to go above that amount for a really good sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ). I am not sure whether I will use a sealed or ported enclosure yet. I am looking for something that will be LOUD, but also have high sound quality. I will be powering the subs with a mono 1200 watt rms amp. I have been looking at the RE audio SEx series, the Sundown SA series, and the DC audio level 3 subs (anyone know the price on these? I haven't called a dealer yet..) just to name a few.

What do you guys think of these subs, and what other suggestions would you have? Also I have heard greatly mixed reviews of the Alpine type R's, and I was wondering how you guys felt about them, would they be a good buy?

I would appreciate any input or suggestions, and thank you all! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Kick the sex out of the list. In place the model it replaced, the re se. They are still available online and much better than the current model.

IMHO sq wise, list would be re, sundown then dc. Spl wise dc, re then sundown. All 3 are very good subs. Re would be my choice, but lean more towards sq personally. If I was leaning more towards spl, would choose the re sx, not sxx. Is currently running in the same price range you are looking at. SQ is very similar to the sundown sa, with more spl than the dc. A very good compromise.

I've recently done an RE sex build in my cousins hatch, it's a 2.2 cuft sealed. It's alright, the excursion is fun on those subs.

I have type r's in a ported box so I can't really compare. You should be happy with a lot of the subs listed.

Kick the sex out of the list. In place the model it replaced, the re se. They are still available online and much better than the current model.IMHO sq wise, list would be re, sundown then dc. Spl wise dc, re then sundown. All 3 are very good subs. Re would be my choice, but lean more towards sq personally. If I was leaning more towards spl, would choose the re sx, not sxx. Is currently running in the same price range you are looking at. SQ is very similar to the sundown sa, with more spl than the dc. A very good compromise.
Thanks man this is just what I was looking for! I would have to say I am an SQL guy with subs. I like em' loud, but I'm not looking to build a competition SPL based system to play test tones and whatnot... lol So a good balance is what I am looking for! I was leaning more towards the re's as well, and yes I also heard that their older models were a better, so I will change from sex to se in my list of considerations //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. I also looked at the re sx's, and those look like a great product as well, and I will definitely consider them if I decide to go with a bigger amplifier.

I've recently done an RE sex build in my cousins hatch, it's a 2.2 cuft sealed. It's alright, the excursion is fun on those subs.I have type r's in a ported box so I can't really compare. You should be happy with a lot of the subs listed.
Vossy, I looked at your youtube videos and your 4 type r setup is pretty tight! But do you have any other experience with similar price range/power subs? Like you said, you did an sex install. I was kind of trying to get a feel about how the type r's stacked up with the others I had listed.

Also I was looking at your system and I was wondering how you liked your power acoustik amp? How do you think they compare to other "more expensive" brands? Because I might consider that for my system...

Type R's would work good on that power and ported would get plenty loud, CVX's are loud and sound pretty good as well, you should consider either one of these

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.