Subwoofer problems

Participant count
  • Participant list
Op IS in the UK... I've never seen such crazy issues till these threads appear.

Somethings either being missed in translation or its just pure junk like a lot of equipment posted about by citizens of the UK.
I don't know how you know that but ok. Ya some brands in other countries are tough to get vs in the USA.

I didn't see anything on where he was from either. Even asked him in the other thread. I just came to the assumption his first name was More and his last name was Ron but maybe there's a language barrier.

We in Australia are blessed to have car audio gear from USA and UK as well and we also have lots of crappy gear as well from Korea but it seems most amps and speakers are made in China BAR the flag ship models.  I know all new Kicker, Rockford gear is made in China EXCEPT their flagship models.

I didn't see anything on where he was from either. Even asked him in the other thread. I just came to the assumption his first name was More and his last name was Ron but maybe there's a language barrier.
Fithwheel, you maybe correct to state other countries have brands and gear that may have never reached your shores.

I had a hunch and checked his profile

Last edited by a moderator:
The sub and and amp aren't the problem, as I said I've literally taken it all from one car where it worked perfectly, and put it in another where it doesn't. I believe the power and earth wire is 10 gauge with the remote wire being 18 guage. I am from the UK. I dont know the exact model numbers of the woofer and amp as I bought it off my mate. As I've already said I'm aware that the sub isn't actually 1000W but probs more like 250w rms. Tested the remote wire on the amp today and the voltage fluctuates like mad when I'm driving and am completely clueless as to why. Anything else you wanna ask me ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The sub and and amp aren't the problem, as I said I've literally taken it all from one car where it worked perfectly, and put it in another where it doesn't. I believe the power and earth wire is 10 gauge with the remote wire being 18 guage. I am from the UK. I dont know the exact model numbers of the woofer and amp as I bought it off my mate. As I've already said I'm aware that the sub isn't actually 1000W but probs more like 250w rms. Tested the remote wire on the amp today and the voltage fluctuates like mad when I'm driving and am completely clueless as to why. Anything else you wanna ask me ?
Where are the pictures of the current install??

Okay as I've said I'm pretty sure the power wire is fine as it I'm getting good readings from it, it's the remote thats dropping for some reason. I'll show you anyway though but it's only a power cable coming off the battery, fuse in a plastic casing, then goes through the factory rubber grommet then down under the door trim and out into the boot and into the amp. 

Okay as I've said I'm pretty sure the power wire is fine as it I'm getting good readings from it, it's the remote thats dropping for some reason. I'll show you anyway though but it's only a power cable coming off the battery, fuse in a plastic casing, then goes through the factory rubber grommet then down under the door trim and out into the boot and into the amp. 
Yeah well you were pretty confident your speakers weren't unhooked last week too. Could be short to ground on remote wire you may of accidentally stripped some of the shielding off pulling it through the car and it's grounding out on  metal every once and a while. Might be pinched and vibration is causing it to make contact to metal when you drive.   Who knows a number of possibilities but we may see something you don't in pictures. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.