subwoofer options

Participant count
  • Participant list

kazs

CarAudio.com Newbie
Michigan
I’m looking to do some big upgrades to my setup soon and want some opinions. I’m planning to run around 4000-4500 rms and have been thinking about how many subs to get. I was thinking for 1 sub a pride sv3 15”. for 2 i was thinking some dc or sundown 15”s. and then for 3 i was thinking 3 skar ZVX 15”s. i have an envoy so plenty of space in the trunk for a nice box. any opinions/ info/ advice would be greatly appreciated

I’m looking to do some big upgrades to my setup soon and want some opinions. I’m planning to run around 4000-4500 rms and have been thinking about how many subs to get. I was thinking for 1 sub a pride sv3 15”. for 2 i was thinking some dc or sundown 15”s. and then for 3 i was thinking 3 skar ZVX 15”s. i have an envoy so plenty of space in the trunk for a nice box. any opinions/ info/ advice would be greatly appreciated

If you post up the maximum dimension sizes that you can fit for a box, I can tell you how much space you have, and maybe we could aim at fitting the most cone area as possible within your space to make the most usage out of all the power you have. Also post up what type of vehicle you have.

If you have a ton of box space available for a big ported box, then use all of that for cone area.

I only had a rated 2400w RMS, but I took my backseats out and ran 2 18's haha. It made my 2400 watts very loud.

If you need help figuring out what the best combo of subs is and what will truly and properly fit in your trunk, let me know, I can definitely help you out.

If you post up the maximum dimension sizes that you can fit for a box, I can tell you how much space you have, and maybe we could aim at fitting the most cone area as possible within your space to make the most usage out of all the power you have. Also post up what type of vehicle you have.

If you have a ton of box space available for a big ported box, then use all of that for cone area.

I only had a rated 2400w RMS, but I took my backseats out and ran 2 18's haha. It made my 2400 watts very loud.

If you need help figuring out what the best combo of subs is and what will truly and properly fit in your trunk, let me know, I can definitely help you out.
thank you for the response! I have a 2003 GMC Envoy SLT which has about 40 ft^3 (https://www.iseecars.com/car/2003-gmc-envoy-dimensions) to the second row seats which i would like to keep. i’ve never built a box but i’m confident in mine and my dads abilities to build a pretty nice one so any help on the design would be great. thanks for the help.

thank you for the response! I have a 2003 GMC Envoy SLT which has about 40 ft^3 (https://www.iseecars.com/car/2003-gmc-envoy-dimensions) to the second row seats which i would like to keep. i’ve never built a box but i’m confident in mine and my dads abilities to build a pretty nice one so any help on the design would be great. thanks for the help.

I'm sending you a PM.

O.k., maybe it was a dream. Two Deaf Bonce 3015's is the way to go IMO. They are beasts.
i hope this isn’t a stupid question but will these sound as good as some of my other options even if i’m underpowering them by about 800 w rms? i know the speaker won’t break or anything but do they need that extra power to get moving better or anything?

i hope this isn’t a stupid question but will these sound as good as some of my other options even if i’m underpowering them by about 800 w rms? i know the speaker won’t break or anything but do they need that extra power to get moving better or anything?
My Deaf Bonce 2615's and 275's were all power-hungry, but they've gotten better as they break in. I can't speak to the 3015's, though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...