subwoofer mounting position

The L section of the port is 7" which, with the other dimensions, brings me to 32hz

Should I place my subwoofer at position 1, 2, or 3?

how much power will the sub be seeing? #2 looks to have the most uneven loading for the rear wave. On low/med power levels that won't be an issue, on high powered burps you could start tearing cones/surrounds...

I'll be powering a RE se-x 12 with 600rms.

Here are the box specs:

Width: 28

Height: 13.5

Depth: 15.5

Thickness: .75

Port width: 2

Port height: 12

Vb: 2.24 ft^3

Fb: 32hz

Port Length: 12.75

Port Length2: 7

Port Area: 24

At what point would issues arise? I'd like to be able to use this box for a higher grade sub in the future. Not opposed to building another, but if the mounting position is a factor I'd rather cut it where it would be most beneficial now.

What are the variables that would dictate mounting location?
At very high power levels the cone might not like the uneven loading of the back wave if part of the sub hits port wall and part hits back wall of the box. I've seen this issue on a few cars burping 5-6kw clamped per sub...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.