Subwoofer help Please!

Currently have a DC Sounds Level 3 15.  Was in ported box but needed more room, so we built a sealed box.  I don't like the way it sounds, so I want to change it up.  Looking for a pair of 8's or 10's that sound good and handle around 600 watts. I am not familiar with half of these brands out there.  Other two cars have Sundown subs.

Vehicle is 2010 Chevy Suburban.  Sub amp is Rockford prime 1200.  Building a box isn't an issue.  Looking for some SQ.  Listen to everything from Rap to Imagine Dragons. 
Have you thought about a smaller enclosure with an Aero port for the 15?And continue to run it?One XFL 12 in 2.0@32 htz will be ok.I just pulled a about 500 rms off of one recently running in a hatch back type vehicle for over a month and it sounded pretty clean DVC4 @ 2 ohms. just recently placed a DVC2 in and place 1k on it and sounds pretty decent for a single 12.. may even try a 10xfl in 2.0. I have and they sound pretty good as well.The 12 serves just a bit better in my honest opinion, especially if you are still listening to Rap.Itll let you dig a little bit and you can make adjustments at the HU if you are not running an external EQ. for other types of music

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.