Subwoofer help Kicker cvx 15 to Alpine type X 12 an upgrade?

Participant count
  • Participant list

XEnophontos
10+ year member

Hey guys I am at a cross roads right now, currently I have a Kicker Cvx 15" with an alpine m1000 amp to push it, and I think I have finally tuned it pretty nice to my listening style. But I have an offer on it, so if I sold it I was thinking about getting an Alpine type X 12". I have heard this is a good SQ sub, but also heard it can get loud. Would getting the Type X really be an upgrade or more of a sidegrade so to speak haha. I would be pushing it with the same amp, maybe sell the m1000 and get a pdx m12 or a sundown not sure yet. Thanks!

Hey guys I am at a cross roads right now, currently I have a Kicker Cvx 15" with an alpine m1000 amp to push it, and I think I have finally tuned it pretty nice to my listening style. But I have an offer on it, so if I sold it I was thinking about getting an Alpine type X 12". I have heard this is a good SQ sub, but also heard it can get loud. Would getting the Type X really be an upgrade or more of a sidegrade so to speak haha. I would be pushing it with the same amp, maybe sell the m1000 and get a pdx m12 or a sundown not sure yet. Thanks!
what is your budget? and how much space do you have?

Budget, I'd say 200-275 for sub, I got a decent amount of space it'll be in a Honda Accord trunk, I built my box waaay to big on mistake and I still got alot of space in there.

Budget, I'd say 200-275 for sub, I got a decent amount of space it'll be in a Honda Accord trunk, I built my box waaay to big on mistake and I still got alot of space in there.
and what are you looking for out of your sub?

I would like better sound quality and more punchyness, but keep the same level or close to the same level of loudness, which I don't think is that loud. So I thought the alpine type x would be good for sq and loudness, and if i wanted it louder might have tried a ported box.

I would like better sound quality and more punchyness, but keep the same level or close to the same level of loudness, which I don't think is that loud. So I thought the alpine type x would be good for sq and loudness, and if i wanted it louder might have tried a ported box.
you can still get SQ with ported. some good SQ subs are dayton reference series, TC sounds, Image dynamics. just to name a few

I looked at the Dayton 12" and it seems to get excellent reviews, and would work well with the amp sub 4ohm, from what I gather they look like home theater subs, they'd still work though right? I'm assuming its better than the Type X if you reccomend it, thanks!

I looked at the Dayton 12" and it seems to get excellent reviews, and would work well with the amp sub 4ohm, from what I gather they look like home theater subs, they'd still work though right? I'm assuming its better than the Type X if you reccomend it, thanks!
they will do excellent in a car. and will defiently have better SQ then alpine

Maybe I'm saying this too many times haha, but I like being able to feel my bass and hear it pretty loud, will it be able to crank some tunes so to speak? Thanks a bunch guys!

Edit - Also I started looking at the TC subs too and they from what I've read its alot more mixed than the Dayton subs. Are they pretty much comparable or is one really much better than the other?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.