Pair of 15s in a sealed that will still get decently loud on 1500w RMS?

Participant count
  • Participant list

IonRL205
10+ year member

DJ h4z4rdes
Well right now I have two CVR 15s in a sealed box each in about a 2.5 cubic foot chamber. I'm gonna be using an MB Quart ONX1500D amp to power them. Well I won't be able to drive for another 3 weeks due to legal reasons so I won't really be able to play it, but I'm thinking about just upgrading from the CVRs in the meantime. I could just sell them or buy another pair and stick them in my room or something, I have towers with some crappy subs and the CVRs would be a nice replacement lol

Just looking for suggestions what would work well in the box I have. I really don't have the room or the skills to make a ported box, so I'm gonna stick with what I have for now. I thought about upgrading to the CVXs since a pair on VMI is $400, but people tend to say to stay away from Kicker, but I've had good results in the past with their CVRs.

I don't have to upgrade them, just seeing what my options are if I were to do it now.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

port will sound louder.
I know this, but that has nothing to do with what I'm asking. I'm just asking if there's anything I can use in my box that would be better than the CVRs. If not then I'll just keep what I have.

I know this, but that has nothing to do with what I'm asking. I'm just asking if there's anything I can use in my box that would be better than the CVRs. If not then I'll just keep what I have.
DC and mach 5 tend to like sealed

;7540769']Well... it depends what loud is to you...
Aha yeah I guess loud is different to me than people on the forums. I haven't really heard anything crazy in person' date=' probably loudest I've heard was 3 L7 15s with 2400 watts or the Kicker Solo X 18 with 3,000 watts on the wall at a local car audio shop here.

hes comin from two kickers sealed...cmon now lol
Lol, I'm just gonna have to wait and see how this sounds and determine cause it will probably seem loud to me. Will be putting it in Wednesday so I'll let you guys know then. Feel free to keep posting suggestions if you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.