Subwoofer? Good or Bad

Marklorenzo
10+ year member

I have been looking for a cheap pair of subs for my car and found these on ebay for 25$ bid, reason i will probably get them for 25 is because they are local pickup only. They are two 15' Xtreme Subwoofers.

Specs

Size 15"

Magnet 53 oz.

Power Handling 250 watts RMS/400 peak

#v.coils/Impedance single 4 ohm voice coil

Frequency Response 30 - 2500Hz

Efficiency 93dB (1W/1M)

Fs/Hz 32

Qts 068

Vas/liter/ft3 113.3/4.00

Xmax 9mm

Depth 6.5"

I just copied and pasted this from the site. Comes with a box but no amp. What kind of amp would be cheap but push these just fine for pretty cheap? Are these good subs? I am a person who like alot of screamo rock music with lots of double bass will these be good for that? Any tips will help alot.

Thanks

for the money get them and try them out and if you dont like them sell them off to someone local or on ebay.

Its not a huge investment and its local pickup, so you can atleast see that they work before you buy them.

There are many many 10"s that can take more power than that. Look deeper, those are cheap but more importantly cheap-o's

And WOWZA a 15 foot sub.

Thats what i figured, for 25$ it cant hurt at all to buy these. I just concerned on the amp, i know barely anything about subs and amps and want to make sure i get the right one to push these properly.

im selling 2 12" TC-1000s but thats for 370$ shipped and im throwing in a Free amp!!!

pm me if interested i can get u pics!! and answer any ?s for you!

There is nothing "Xtreme" about those subs. But I guess you aren't out much if they ****, which they probably will. It is my personal preference to have little to no bass than simply bad bass. Ruins the whole sound unless all you listen to is boomy rap music, in which case most kids can get by on just about anything. Odd to think that your amp kit might cost more than your actual speakers....

I hate to tell anyone what to do but it has been my hard-won experience to save a few more pennies and do it right the first time, otherwise you'll always be swapping stuff in and out trying to make a dirt cheap system sound good enough. There is no sweeter feeling then saving up enough to buy all the goodies you have researched and thought and dreamed about then installing it and having that huge grin on your face. Obviously, everyone's goals are different, as are their budgets. Maybe you never do want to ever spend more than $25 on a pair of subs, I don't know. In which case, by all means, grab these. But if you can wait just a while to put together enough to get even something around a hundred bucks you'll be much happier in the end.

Maybe you ought to check out the Tang Band subwoofer sale on http://www.partsexpress.com. They are linked in another thread. Or check out the Used For Sale section on here and other forums, oftentimes you can get a deal on a much better driver than what you could afford new.

If you have already bought these drivers, there are tons of amps out there that will push these. If the budget for the amplifier mirrors the already stated budget for the subs, do an Ebay search for "Legacy". Maybe even "Used Legacy." If not, I suggest checking out the amps in the Outlet Store section at http://www.CadenceSound.com. Been running Cadence for a long time and they have always done the job very well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.