Subwoofer Decision

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
2 Skar VVX V2 twelves or 2 FU Audio 12's. Both going to be powered by a skar 1500 at half ohm so itll push both subs. What do you guys think? Both is probably going to be 33 hz and built to spec.

Lows, go skar, all around, go with fu.
I mean. I am going to tune the box to 33 so I can have more range. I would want a matching system because I'm weird, but I had a box for a XFL15 tuned to 30 and it didn't hit the highs enough. Think I should do 33 or 35 tuning? Mostly rap music and remixes.

Also, yeah. I was talking to Frank yesterday and said that for the 15 alteast, tuned to 30 or 32. But would it be different for 2 subs? The tuning.

I mean. I am going to tune the box to 33 so I can have more range. I would want a matching system because I'm weird, but I had a box for a XFL15 tuned to 30 and it didn't hit the highs enough. Think I should do 33 or 35 tuning? Mostly rap music and remixes.
33 hz for may work fine with one woofer and it might not work with another. Taylorfade from caco and frank the owner says 35hz is best for their subs through several tests

Before you give up on the xfl, why dont you just chop of a few inches of the port and raise the tuning.

Low tuning is recommended by people with bigger crazier systems that have the capacity to hit hard on most ranges with the power they push, but when you translate that to a modest system it basically = sh*t output on the upper notes where most bass in music resides. Flat sounding *****. Low lows arent fun until you have 4 15/18s going anyways.

Rant over~

A lot of these output problems people have been having are from tuning their box way too **** low.
I wanted to try that, but I might like 2 12s more. I know the subs like low tuning but I am not for sure. Always want to try out different stuff so. Also, I think 2 12s might give me more power with half ohm load and more cone area.

Yeah. I am not sure if I just want a different box for that XFL or just build a 2 12" box and and tune it to about 33-35.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.