Subwoofer and components in door

Participant count
  • Participant list

speedracerx
10+ year member

RAT POWER
Oz,Ks
Guess it's time to try my hand at a fiberglass door enclosure. I can't seem to except that the inside of the door will make a good enclosure, although in most situations the doors don't offer as many options as my '70 Chevy truck's seem to. Good thing cause with the gas tank behind and limited space beneath the seat, the doors are about all I got. I'm going to attempt to make sealed and removable enclosures to mount inside and a few inches outside the doors. The 8" Polk Momo subs get .35 cu. ft. The 6.5" Polk Momo mid woofers get?? .25 cu. ft. or hopefully a little more. The pics show a spare door I'll use to get started. I'm going to have to cut the hole back farther for the sub. The window is all the way down so I'm lucky to have good unobstructed space to play with. Any tips, ideas, thoughts, experience with '68-'71 Chevy truck installs would be great. I'll post pics as I go, should be entertaining if nothing else.

Changed my mind how I was going to go about it, I don't like having the aluminum tape lead to the MDF on the front side. In theory with minimal trimming it can all be removed to install in the real door. Looks like an easy .35 cu. ft in front (6.5" mid) and back (8" sub) with just the rings extending out from the door. I'm probably going about this all wrong (first fiberglass door project) but I think the end result will be OK. It would be alot easier if they were germinate. Any tips on how to keep door linkage and window from rattling when it's done?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.