Subwoofer and amp question

Ghostxyz

Jersey
Ok it's been a while since I looked at audio systems.

I am working on a SMALL budget of no more than $200 for an amp and a sub. I don't need anything wild or stupid just to add a little bass to my 06 corolla. I understand it's hard to find good quaility for that price but I'm not looking for anything to turn heads or make the entire car shake. At least not right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but I will do it later this year so please save all the *thats worthless blah blah blah* stuff for another thread.

I've been looking at this one.

Rockford Fosgate P300-10 (p30010) 300W Single 10" Amplified Subwoofer Enclosure

It's not forever it's just to add a little bass to my car. I would prefer it come all in one package. Also if you have any websites that have bass packages like the one above please share.

I don't want to build my own box right now. I want to focus on that when I have more money because I want to build a box around a sub that will power it properly not a low end sub. I'll look around on the forums any reputable sellers you can link me to ?

I think a 15 in my little corolla will be too much...I might have to move this sub out every now and then. How are those HIfonics speakers because I'm hearing good things but never really seen em or heard in action.

Its better to have "too much" cause you wont be stressing it then. They are awesome for the price. I have done a couple installs with them. You wont be happy with that 10 in the trunk.

thank you guys for the fast response btw.

Well what about at least a 12 ? that will just be pushing it size wise for the moment. I can put a 12 in there since most boxes for 12's aren't going to be a ***** if I have to take it out for a day.

So I've been hearing a lot of good things locally about HIFONICS how are one of these and what kind of enclosure would I need for it?

Hifonics Atlas Subwoofers

Also what kind of AMP would I pair with something like this? I don't need it to push anymore than about 400 watts.

Save up another $100 and make your budget close to 3-400. That'll give you some space to work with. You'll need a decent amp kit, check out KnuKonceptz on Ebay. An audiopipe amp and american bass sub will do you good. Don't skimp on the wiring, some of the stuff I see that comes by the shop I work at literally falls apart after a few months.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.