Subwoofer advice needed. Help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Caeser2001

PA
Been out of the car audio world for over a decade and looking for the best option for sound quality loud.

Looking for a 10" for a sealed enclosure I have laying around that is .66 cubic feet and will be ran with 500 watts at 2ohm.

So far my options what I have found through my research, is there anything else not on my radar? Out of these options what would be best? I might consider a 12" if it will take up less than 1 cubic foot.

Image dynamics ID or IDQ

SSA dcon or maybe gcon (enough power?)

Sundown EV or maybe SA (enough power?)

DC level 2

Alpine type s

As far as the ID vs IDQ, the ID has a much lower FS, what difference would this make?

I want something with a flat response curve and gets low with good SQ.

I might consider a 12" if it will take up less than 1 cubic foot.
Image dynamics ID or IDQ

As far as the ID vs IDQ, the ID has a much lower FS, what difference would this make?
I've spoken to the ID techs several times about the specs of the IDQ v4 and have been told that the "v4 specs are incorrect" and that you should reference the v3 specs. It has been confirmed that the v4 is the EXACT same driver as the v3, aside from having a metal basket. The v3 had a "composite" (plastic) basket that was prone to cracking, and that's the ONLY thing that changed. The soft parts and motor are identical.

That said, the Fs of the IDQ 10 is actually 22.23 Hz. I've had listening time with both the ID and IDQ. The IDQ sounds far more natural and plays deeper and cleaner with more authority.

However, if you can fit up to 1 cu ft, one of my favorite all-time sounding sub setups is an IDQ 12 in 1.0 ft sealed. I ran this setup for years and it played flat to around 25hz and was -3db at 20 Hz. This was in-car response, measured with an iMM6 and Audiotool. IDQ's have plenty of output and produce super clean and natural sounding bass. 500w is perfect for an IDQ 10 or 12. The IDQ12 obviously has the edge on output, but I would give it a full cubic foot of space if possible.

I've spoken to the ID techs several times about the specs of the IDQ v4 and have been told that the "v4 specs are incorrect" and that you should reference the v3 specs. It has been confirmed that the v4 is the EXACT same driver as the v3, aside from having a metal basket. The v3 had a "composite" (plastic) basket that was prone to cracking, and that's the ONLY thing that changed. The soft parts and motor are identical.
That said, the Fs of the IDQ 10 is actually 22.23 Hz. I've had listening time with both the ID and IDQ. The IDQ sounds far more natural and plays deeper and cleaner with more authority.

However, if you can fit up to 1 cu ft, one of my favorite all-time sounding sub setups is an IDQ 12 in 1.0 ft sealed. I ran this setup for years and it played flat to around 25hz and was -3db at 20 Hz. This was in-car response, measured with an iMM6 and Audiotool. IDQ's have plenty of output and produce super clean and natural sounding bass. 500w is perfect for an IDQ 10 or 12. The IDQ12 obviously has the edge on output, but I would give it a full cubic foot of space if possible.
Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.