Subtilis 12

Corey,

Coil right here :

CIMG3957.JPG

It's a pretty stout coil //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanx jake! that is a pretty beefy copper coil with a really tall former. by the looks of it the coil will handle 1k as long as cooling is good. i am assuming the sub runs out of excursion before the coil overheats?

thanx jake! that is a pretty beefy copper coil with a really tall former. by the looks of it the coil will handle 1k as long as cooling is good. i am assuming the sub runs out of excursion before the coil overheats?
It would be pretty difficult to burn the coil -- unless the box was tiny and/or you played right @ tuning on sine waves you would reach x-mech before thermal.

Cooling is quite good thanks to the vented former and highly flared pole vent (giant flare on top).

^ oh i am sure but there is ALWAYS a limiting factory when over driven. people like to know if it is thermal or mechy limiting.

me personally pefer thermal limiting but i am a bass head and dont count, hate mechy failure when 3-10x rate power...

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to rag on the woofer when stating my opinions earlier; it's actually one that I would really want to try out, and not many woofers these days make me want to. I was simply trying to make assumptions on preferred applications, which seems to be one that fits my needs.

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to rag on the woofer when stating my opinions earlier; it's actually one that I would really want to try out, and not many woofers these days make me want to. I was simply trying to make assumptions on preferred applications, which seems to be one that fits my needs.

Ahh thanks, I really appreciate constructive criticism anyway. I never take offense over forums, because often people cannot really express how they want to come across if it does infact sound negative.

If anyone wants to see these things modeled up to their application needs/preferences, feel free to PM me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think when I get the money, even if i got a simple build going for AQ's at the moment, Ill be the first to do a wall of these VVX subs hopefully in a scion xb or my Chevy suburban. Give em about 900 watts each, tuned low to 28hz.

I think when I get the money, even if i got a simple build going for AQ's at the moment, Ill be the first to do a wall of these VVX subs hopefully in a scion xb or my Chevy suburban. Give em about 900 watts each, tuned low to 28hz.
Do it man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And I expect vids with hot female's hair going crazy in the xB.

Might want to do it during pre-sale so you can get the pre-sale pricing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pimpolligist16

10+ year member
HOLA HOLA HOLA HOLA
pimpolligist16
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date