Substage install in new car with NAV

Participant count
  • Participant list

slapperz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So i got a 06 Lexus SUV and it has the navigation dash with everything being controlled from right there and i was wondering if any1 knew how had any tips or anything that could help me on my install for this car?

all im trying to install atm is my amp and 2 12's but i heard i needed a switch for the amp? and i didnt even have to hook it up to the dash. but then wouldnt that mean i cant control the bass lvl from the dash?? any help is greatly apreciated thanks

you need a factory integration piece. there are a lot to choose from

pacific accessory corporation will have a number of interfaces, including aux inputs and amplifier outputs with remote turn-on.

or you could get a factory integration piece that allows for tuning, MTX, Rockford Fosgate, Audio Control, JL Audio, Alpine, etc. all have integration and some factory EQ compensation.

One of the better options is the JL Audio Cleansweep with the remote sub level control.

there is the CL441-DSP - that is the main piece. the others are additional pieces for more flexibility. JL decided to let you buy only what you need instead of putting all of it into one chassis. you need this at a minimum if you decided to go the JL route.

I recommend reading the owner's manual and installation manual before you buy so you totally understand what it does and how to connect it. that way you can compare against the other options to choose the one that's right for you.

if you have a factory amplifier and each speaker has it's own amp channel, the CL-SSI will sum those channels.

if you want additional inputs, the CL-SES can add them

if you want remote sub level control the CL-RLC will give that to you

The easiest way to add your sub and amp are to use a TRUNK-LOC from PAC, as KHA recommended. This will be connected to the factory sub, leaving control of the aftermarket sub on the radio, as it is now.

The easiest way to add your sub and amp are to use a TRUNK-LOC from PAC, as KHA recommended. This will be connected to the factory sub, leaving control of the aftermarket sub on the radio, as it is now.
yep best way. thats how i did it with my lexus with nav... controlled bass from the factory nav/radio still. now i went with an mtx req. its great also. was only 100 bucks too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slapperz

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
slapperz
The Bay Area
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date