subs wont hit at all

Participant count
  • Participant list
the amp is new got a warranty on it still if it isnt. this is a 73 caprice stock alt and stock battery..it will push the 640 real well but I think the volts are just gettin to low to push that 1500..got to try it tomm wired to 1 ohm with the car running. if that dont work then I'll go from there

alright I'm about to get back to it just wanted to check one thing first Im gunna go with a 4 ohm load since I don't want to much bang back there so..the diagram shows I need a wire comming out of each sub on the - and on the + then wired together going to the amp..if I connect the = and - to the terminal on the back of the box then run a wire connecting the terminals on the outside of the box. add a second wire from one - and one + terminal going to the amp will that be alright. I was thinking I needed to connect the wire inside the box from speaker terminal to speaker terminal and only have one wire comming out the back but its all the same isnt it?

bro.. your posts get harder and harder to understand, lol

here is a 4 ohm set up for your subs

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

not that important how you actually accomplish this wiring (through terminals, or direct to speakers) .... just make sure that it IS correct... otherwise, you can run into cancellation issues

alright I tried to do a little pic with that diagram in MS paint but it wasn't workin out. try to clear it up on the top of the diagram where the wires come out of the + im running those to my + on the box terminals..then running a wire on the outside of the box from one to the other so its all connected..then addings a second wire comming out of one of the + terminals to the amp...same for the -. Is that gunna work? waitin for my help to get up from a nap then Im gunna get back to it. already got both speakers wired like the diagram shows and to the terminals in the rear of the box. just got to do outside the box wiring and to the amp and see if it will work this time.

**** this is hard to explain with out pictures LOL..theres a terminal on the back for each sub so there 2 terminals total one on each side of the box. My plan was to run the wire from the speaker terminal to the terminal in the box and link them together + to + on the outside of the box. then run another wire out of that same terminal on the outside to the amp.. I could avoid all that by connecting them on the inside of the box but it seems like its all the same

well after bein at it for a few hours I fnially got em to work..had to get some new wire and rewire the box and stuff..ran em at 4 ohms and I'm happy with the sound..gunna need alot of adjustment with both amps to get it to be a nice even sound between the bass and mids/highs but its goin good now..especially for my first attempt..thanks everyone for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.