subs wont hit at all

Participant count
  • Participant list

pushak513
10+ year member

got the trunk almost done so I decided to hook up the subs. hooked the amp up every things good (1500D hifonics ) the subs 2 ( Hifonics BRZ12SQD4 ) are duels so I wired the + to the - then run the other + and - straight to the amp just to check it before I wired em both together and to the box...couldn't get a thing.checked the rcas they were good messed with it for bout 30 mins I got it to hit 1 time and then nothin. I had the batt charger on it on 50 amps I know it was gettin enough juice to power the sub..IDK why it aint wantin to hit. glad I did it before I wired it to the other one and put the back seat back in..anyone got ideas on what the problem is here and why it wont hit? Im really new to this and this the first one Ive ever hooked up myself. all the mids and highs work wonderful..just cant get the subs to hit.

if your bridging two D4 subs to that amp, you want each sub to be wired down to 2 0hms. then connect one positive on one sub, to one positive on the other, and from the connect the 1 negative and the 2nd subs positive to the amp, if your trying to bridge you cant simply hook up both subs the the bridge channel for optimal power, if your confused, here is a better diagram Google Image Result for http://images.the12volt.com/12voltimages/2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

the amp comes on fine the remote is run off the 640w so the remote and the ground I assume are ok... I just dont know why my mids and highs are fine and when the bass hits the 12's don't move wont do a thing. I had the rcas in the amp and wired it right to a single sub out of the box and got it to hit once but it wasn't much tiny bit of movement from the sub. then it won't do anything with a single sub wired right to a 1500 mono it should have been jumpin but I couldn't get it to do anything and Im real new at this so IDK why its not workin but its gettin me frustrated cus the rest of the install has went so smooth

I basically did the series/parallel with one speaker wired right to the amp..if that helps

ok.... if your running a mono amp.... your wiring on a single sub shouldnt matter that much, to atleast get it to hit (your wiring for both subs is very important tho)... thats what leads me to believe that you have a wiring issue... more info on your wiring?

okay sir, check your amp. ground needs to be on an unfinished bare metal surface. remote, we'll come back to that if the highs are fine. power. just make sure its secure.

now if your not getting anything to hit, im assuming its the sub, or wiring. start with the sub, is it a Dual voice coil?

if so, make sure you have the coils correctly. if you have it at 1 ohm.. it might not run it if the amps not 1 ohm stable, i know some of the fosgates arent.

if you have the impedance correct..

then it should be simple..

if its a hifi series 1500d, they are 1 ohm stable... so if you have one sub hooked up, you'll either be at 2 ohm or 8 ohm... from the way you explained it, it sounds like you have it hooked up parralel... so you will be running one sub at 2 ohms... so you should have no problem having your sub "hit" with that wiring.

your electrical is key bro... need more info on it tho (what gauge you running, big 3?, where is your ground, is your remote coming from the HU)... sometimes running a remote to 2 amps, can actually cause enough voltage drop, for the remote not to power both amps (doesnt happen that often, but is a possibility)... more likely tho, is a ground or a power problem

ok the ground off the battery is 0 guage and the power wire is 0 Guage. power goes into a fuse and out a distro block..4 G commin out of that into the amps. the remote wire is comming from the head unit. the grounds are on each side of the trunk bolted to a trunk brace thats welded to the wheel well.the ground on the otehr side is in the same place for the 640 w and its workin well. Ive been trying this with the key on but motor off and a batt charger on it with it on 50 amp steady..dont know if that makes a differance or not..

yea.. it will make a difference... that small 640 wont pull like the 1500 will, and the 1500 could easily pull your electrical down below 11v, which could make the amp go into protect (possibly)... i would try it with your car running, and see what happens

I checked to see if the amp went into protect and it didn't but my volts got realll low before I threw that charger on there..I need it to stay at about 14v constant to run both amps at once? this is a old chevy with a 350 in it so the next step is a new alt. I drive it maybe once a week or somthin so I wasn't to concerned about the alt till now..since I got to keep that constant voltage to get this thing to run. I'll wire it up at 1 ohm and have it running and see if I can get anything.

not exactly 14v... you actually would have a hard time keeping a constant 14v, unless you have upgraded batts, alt, etc... but you def dont want it to dip below 12

well Im looking at alts and batt now..would a 180 amp be good enough to power this with a yellow top or do I need to go bigger on both? it storming at the moment so I'll have to wait till tomm to try this again but I hope I can get it to work.the rest of the build went so smooth

the alt should be good.. but if your going to run a single batt.. i would def upgrade to a better batt.... 9a31's are good... just look up bad4healths batt sale post

having trouble finding a alt like that for a small block chevy..most of em stop at 140a..I'll keep lookin and check out guys post on batterys as well.

Is the amp any good. Is it new. Your battery should run those 2 amps ok for a while. I have a 71 cutlass with stock electrical and have no problem running a 1600 watt Brutus @ 1 ohm and a mids amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.