Subs to pair with skar 800.1

Participant count
  • Participant list
[quote name='shredder1']This is what I came up with...
6tZJRm.jpg

I have a question If I may ask... should I adjust the port length until I match his measurements with the physical port length?.. as you see there is a discrepancy in the "Port length" and "Physical port length".. I adjusted one to meet his measurements as I believe it may be "seeing" the length differently... OP, yes I'm still learning the finer points here... if not it is tuned to 47 hz or so... @Jeffdachef[/QUOTE]Thanks....that's definitely higher than I would like. I adjusted the sonic filter higher to match closer and it definitely doesn't have that deep hit I want.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

yeah thats not great for ab sub most like 2.25cf or more each tuned high too,, drop by sometime i'll check it out.. did u get gain set?, sound better?
Yea I got it sounding a lot better. What time in the afternoons you usually around? I could leave for work a lil bit earlier one day and stop by. I think some of my worry came from having the sonic filter set too low to compare to the box tune. I've been reading that can cause my coil to not cool properly

Thanks....that's definitely higher than I would like. I adjusted the sonic filter higher to match closer and it definitely doesn't have that deep hit I want.
If you'd like I can model your subs for a different/custom enclosure for you... I'm always lookin' to add drivers to my database... LOL!.. What exact subs do you currently have?

Thanks....that's definitely higher than I would like. I adjusted the sonic filter higher to match closer and it definitely doesn't have that deep hit I want.
you will have to downsize to a single 12 if thats all you can fit. Two subs wont work in this case. I mean you can also do two 15s sealed as well if you dont have the ability to make a custom ported box.

[quote name='shredder1']This is what I came up with...

I have a question If I may ask... should I adjust the port length until I match his measurements with the physical port length?.. as you see there is a discrepancy in the "Port length" and "Physical port length".. I adjusted one to meet his measurements as I believe it may be "seeing" the length differently... OP, yes I'm still learning the finer points here... if not it is tuned to 47 hz or so... @Jeffdachef[/QUOTE]

you are fine if the port is a port width length from the rear wall that length is effectively acting as port length as well.

my philosophy is, if you arent a competent box builder and are pretty newbie, do large cone area builds with sealed boxes. You'll get pretty close to a properly done ported box in terms of output, just not gonna peak as hard down low but will play just as low, if not lower with less severe of a roll off. Cone area does wonders, giving up box efficiency but gaining cone area isnt that bad of a tradeoff at all. Rarely do i see newbs run properly designed and built ported boxes and sometimes the box costs more than their subs as well.

If you'd like I can model your subs for a different/custom enclosure for you... I'm always lookin' to add drivers to my database... LOL!.. What exact subs do you currently have?
American Bass XO 1244
My next goal is to build a new box. I've built boxes in the past. Always sealed or fiberglass. This will be my 1st ported.

you will have to downsize to a single 12 if thats all you can fit. Two subs wont work in this case. I mean you can also do two 15s sealed as well if you dont have the ability to make a custom ported box.
I have a hatchback so plenty of room. It's my daily for work. So the back is never used.

Yea I got it sounding a lot better. What time in the afternoons you usually around? I could leave for work a lil bit earlier one day and stop by. I think some of my worry came from having the sonic filter set too low to compare to the box tune. I've been reading that can cause my coil to not cool properly
yeah ***** u work nites i get up late but you could stop by sometime around 1 (just not today or thursday) let me know, read that pm where i told u about where road is see if u can find tramway easy after that.. u can hear my 1 $70 sub see if it sounds good enough for u it's in prefab too but it's actually tuned at 35hz..

yeah ***** u work nites i get up late but you could stop by sometime around 1 (just not today or thursday) let me know, read that pm where i told u about where road is see if u can find tramway easy after that.. u can hear my 1 $70 sub see if it sounds good enough for u it's in prefab too but it's actually tuned at 35hz..
Sounds good I'll plan for Wednesday. I'll shoot you a pm later to confirm

American Bass XO 1244
My next goal is to build a new box. I've built boxes in the past. Always sealed or fiberglass. This will be my 1st ported.

A pair of 12's?

Yea the box I described had each 12 in its own enclosure they just share the port. It's in the middle.
Well this is how those modeled up in a 4 ft3 tuned to 33 hz... I estimated the input at 550 watts... (box rise ya' know)... and left the port velocity just a little low so you can get a bigger amp eventually... it's good for up to 750 watts before you see port compression... that's a 1200 watt amp probably... anyways here it is...

AmI2M5.jpg

WQD9t2.jpg

IVgYtq.jpg

Nice flat response... personally I prefer a little more output in the 30's...

but this is a GOOD response...

Do you got it from here?.. if not let me know...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.