Subs that hit that low end bass

jkok7
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Let me start of by saying I have a 2000 Chevy Malibu LS, so I can't go ported with four subs. I really like sealed anyways, I love the vibraton over anything.

Anyways I used to have 3 Kicker CVR 12s & now I have 4 Rockford P3D2 12s.

I'm noticing on some songs that I can't hit some of the low notes that I used to be able to hit with the Kickers. The frequency specs go down to 25hz on the Kickers and 27hz for the Rockfords. I don't believe its a box space issue. The Kicker CVRs were in a box a little under the max recommended and the Rockfords are in SEALED 1.33 cubic feet boxes, a little more than recommended which is 1.25 max. All of the boxes I've had were all SEALED

On some songs the frequency is so low that I can see my subs moving, but I can't feel anything and all I hear is the subs flapping. (Anybody out there know what I'm talkin bout?)

My Mmats that I just got goes down to 10hz.

I was thinking about going with some FI BTLs, but according to the site, they only go down to like 37hz. This can't be right, not with all the hype being made about them.

What's some subs out there that can get down to 20hz that I can get for a nice price?

Is the box you have right now ported or sealed?
And how much power are you running?

The BTL can hit much lower than that;)

They are all sealed. I'm running a Mmats 3500.1 which can do anywhere from 2700-3000+RMS.

Now I can tell you that, I don't know if I will have that problem with the Mmats cuz I haven't installed it yet. I'm running an older model Visonik V2908 now and it seems like I can't hit those low notes that dip into the mid to low 20s. The specs say that amp goes down to 20hz.

When I had my Older model Rockford 1500bd & 601S I hit those notes, but that was on the Kickers before I got the RFP3 12s.

Depends more on the enclosure
Well that's what I'm sayin. Before the Kickers were in smaller enclosures and the RFs are in slightly larger than recommended boxes. Recommended 1.25, I have 1.33 cu.

**** that. Port the P3's.
Tune the box at ~30 hz.

Smash the lows.

If my hif.12's can get as low as they do, then your p3's will be real nice.
Thanks man, but I can't fit 4 P3s ported in a Chevy Malibu. Only sealed, but I don't think that'll fix the issue. I'm already going lower than 30 hertz mane. Both the Kickers and the Rockfords were in sealed boxes, but right now the Rockfords aren't hitting as low as the Kickers did. Even though I think they should. The Kickers are rated at 25hz, the Rockfords 27hz. Don't get me wrong, they can get low, but then the note goes even lower and it seems like they arent hitting the way they should.

I used to have 3 Kicker CVR 12s & now I have 4 Rockford P3D2 12s.
I'm noticing on some songs that I can't hit some of the low notes that I used to be able to hit with the Kickers. The frequency specs go down to 25hz on the Kickers and 27hz for the Rockfords. I don't believe its a box space issue. The Kicker CVRs were in a box a little under the max recommended and the Rockfords are in SEALED 1.33 cubic feet boxes, a little more than recommended which is 1.25 max. All of the boxes I've had were all SEALED

On some songs the frequency is so low that I can see my subs moving, but I can't feel anything and all I hear is the subs flapping. (Anybody out there know what I'm talkin bout?)

My Mmats that I just got goes down to 10hz.

I was thinking about going with some FI BTLs, but according to the site, they only go down to like 37hz. This can't be right, not with all the hype being made about them.

What's some subs out there that can get down to 20hz that I can get for a nice price?
Good luck with that

Shoot I found some Pioneer Premier subs that go down to 20hz, but Pioneer subs BLOW!

I'm starting to think that it's a power issue. I had a RF 1500bd that was pushing 1800+RMS, the 601S was wired to 1.33 ohms so it was doing close to 1800RMS. Now I have this Visonik (Which is about to be replaced with the Mmats) they say it does 1200RMS. But I'm I think it's doing a little under. Also it might not hit the frequencies that they boast as Visonik is known to fudge their numbers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.