Subs run off stock amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

therikoxide
10+ year member

usa
I just installed a new speaker system and lost all bass, so now i'm looking for the cheapest sub setup that I can move to another car later.

I am looking at either the sound ordnance B-24 or MTX JH4510-X2D. I have an 03 Hyundai Santa Fe and was wondering if I can wire these right up to my stock amp or will I need to get a second amp for the subs?

A certain amp anyone would suggest that wont break the bank and can be used with the sound ordnance enclosure?

Im just getting into this scene so i really dont know anything about anything. I just heard bandpass's deliver the biggest "thump"

A certain amp anyone would suggest that wont break the bank and can be used with the sound ordnance enclosure?
Im just getting into this scene so i really dont know anything about anything. I just heard bandpass's deliver the biggest "thump"
sound ordnance enclosure?

I would recommend a regular ported box tuned to 35hz.

^ no...the "boomyier" basses are higher than 35 hz. 35 hz is low end reproduction, the lower you get the more it becomes bass you feel and sounds very deep. "boomy" bass is more like a punchy bass and i would say is anywhere from maybe 60hz or so to maybe 100hz. also, in my opinion bandpasses ****. get a properly made ported box to specs, or a sealed box to specs. In my opinion, sealed sounds better but you get a little more spl with ported.

thanks for all the input, I guess im going with the MTX JH4510-X2D. Its rated 200 - 400 watts and 800 peak.

Does that mean I need to get an amp that is AT LEAST 400 with 2ohms? but I can go more without worry?

if its 400 rms, thats the optimal amount to send it. Mtx are quality subs, so you can get away with sending more, but dont grossly overpower it. For example, 450rms would be fine. Keep in mind tho, that if you pair it with an MTX amp (or many others), you may be buying a "400" watt rms amp, that will really do 500rms. But anywhere within the rms range is fine. If its 200-400 rms, you could send 200 if you wanted to. I personally stay on the upper end of the rms range, but its ok to stay anywhere within that range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.