Subs randomly quit out on me.

Chasedm2000

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 3, 2020
Canada
I’ve got a JL AUDIO HD900/5 amp with 2 12” subs. They are wired into the factory stereo on my Honda Civic using some CleanSweep thing underneath my steering wheel. They were wired by the previous owner of the car but in the last week I have been having troubles with the subs. They worked fine up till about a week ago and one day they stopped working, the amp works and still gives power to all of the speakers but not the subs. I can’t for the life of me figure this out though because sometimes when I start the car again later in the day, boom they’ll be working just fine but then next time I go to start the car they are out again. So I am not really sure what the problem could be here because I don’t think it’s wiring as they work completely fine when they do. Completely at a loss for what it could be. Any suggestions would be great

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
5,000+ posts
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
check for loose wires inside the enclosure and outside. Check your RCAs as well.

Chasedm2000

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 3, 2020
Canada
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe something loose in the amp. Also check your coils with a dmm to make sure your subs are still good.
subs are definitely fine. I got tired of trying to just stepped back for about an hour and came back and turned it on, boom theyre working just fine but am assuming next time I go to drive somewherethey’ll be out again. Will post back if I can figure anything out. I checked all of the connections everywhere before but to no avail

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds