need help with cab1600

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
i just added a 2nd sub but dont know how to exactly wire it
i always used the 1 ohm so my positive to one side and negative to the other side
my blue and black is my new sub
and red and green is my old sub
as the way theyre wired is it okay?

QUESTION #2 another thing whenever i plug my cab1600 to the distribution block with my ppi900.4 it turns the amp on
and stays on until i then ground my cab then it shuts off they share the same amp turn on and ground i believe does anyone know of why this is a thing?
am i completing some sort of circuit or something?

QUESTION#3 my subs now do a popping noise when i turn my car off and the cab has like a 3 second delay to shut off when the car shuts off
i was told once its because my amp is turning off too early and sending a signal to subs
if this is true or not or a remedy or is it because of above question that it does this
like sharing grounds or amp turn on does this?

Attachments

• sounds amp.jpg
    sounds amp.jpg
    639.6 KB · Views: 152
yikes does that mean i have to wire both of them to get 4ohms?
same as i bought the taramps 1ohm
should i return to get the 2ohm instead?

Dual 4 subs, one ohm Taramps. Dual 2 subs 4 ohm Taramps. People will tell you to not buy a 4 ohm Taramps, but if it works for you, then, go with it. I don't buy amps worrying about when I'm going to sell it.

Dual 4 subs, one ohm Taramps. Dual 2 subs 4 ohm Taramps. People will tell you to not buy a 4 ohm Taramps, but if it works for you, then, go with it. I don't buy amps worrying about when I'm going to sell it.
cant i wire 2 2ohm subs to have a final of 2 ohms?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.