Subs playing words! Help

Stinger makes nice stuff. Check out Amazon Prime for those a well. You can have them by Monday if you order by tonight. Also make sure you check those settings I know Kenwood and JVC have those settings sometimes as I have Kenwood decks sitting here that I have had to change the subwoofer from stereo to mono. Also with the head unit having the gains i.e bass boost or w/e they call it turn it off on the amp and set those amplifier settings to 2-3hz below box tuning and 80lpf on the amp and head unit. You will figure it out I'm betting it is a setting or the cheap rca's allow signal to come through.

Also Audio Legion makes some really nice RCA cables. I bought 3 pairs of the 6 foot cables for 8.99 a piece. Check them out below and the shipping was FAST! But be aware no returns or warranty. I like them and for the pricing once next month comes around I might just order me 3 sets of the 17 foot cables to have at that price along with some 3 foot cables as well for using in the amp area for connecting my DSP so there isn't so much excess cable laying around or tied up.

Stinger makes nice stuff. Check out Amazon Prime for those a well. You can have them by Monday if you order by tonight. Also make sure you check those settings I know Kenwood and JVC have those settings sometimes as I have Kenwood decks sitting here that I have had to change the subwoofer from stereo to mono. Also with the head unit having the gains i.e bass boost or w/e they call it turn it off on the amp and set those amplifier settings to 2-3hz below box tuning and 80lpf on the amp and head unit. You will figure it out I'm betting it is a setting or the cheap rca's allow signal to come through.

Also Audio Legion makes some really nice RCA cables. I bought 3 pairs of the 6 foot cables for 8.99 a piece. Check them out below and the shipping was FAST! But be aware no returns or warranty. I like them and for the pricing once next month comes around I might just order me 3 sets of the 17 foot cables to have at that price along with some 3 foot cables as well for using in the amp area for connecting my DSP so there isn't so much excess cable laying around or tied up.

Thanks, I was on the site earlier. I have one of there amps when they first announced clearance. What DSP are you running? Thinking of going that route as well

I have two sitting here but haven't installed either because of constant medical surgeries this year so far I've had 4 with 3 of them being major surgeries along with 2 more at the end of next month.

But to answer the ? I have a refurbished Dayton DSP-408 sitting here and I got lucky on DIYMA with buying a Helix 2012 V1 DSP for 120 bucks shipped which was a massive steal. Now there is a DSP from PPI from the old days on DIYMA 100 bucks plus shipping for two of them one is BNIB the other has a dead LCD screen. If I had the money I would be all over it as those were very good back in the day. Nice setups all around but they don't have the kind of settings the new ones do.

Rockford Fosgate makes a nice one, the cheapest ones you will find are the Dayton and the PRV models at 150 or and from there they go up to 2k in pricing. Some are even making really nice DSP's with 8x80 watt amplifiers built in them like Helix, Audio Control and so on. The Rockford has a good rep from what I have seen on sites and is around 300 iirc.

I have two sitting here but haven't installed either because of constant medical surgeries this year so far I've had 4 with 3 of them being major surgeries along with 2 more at the end of next month.

But to answer the ? I have a refurbished Dayton DSP-408 sitting here and I got lucky on DIYMA with buying a Helix 2012 V1 DSP for 120 bucks shipped which was a massive steal. Now there is a DSP from PPI from the old days on DIYMA 100 bucks plus shipping for two of them one is BNIB the other has a dead LCD screen. If I had the money I would be all over it as those were very good back in the day. Nice setups all around but they don't have the kind of settings the new ones do.

Rockford Fosgate makes a nice one, the cheapest ones you will find are the Dayton and the PRV models at 150 or and from there they go up to 2k in pricing. Some are even making really nice DSP's with 8x80 watt amplifiers built in them like Helix, Audio Control and so on. The Rockford has a good rep from what I have seen on sites and is around 300 iirc.
You will back on your feet in no time, sending positive vibes. I tried the prv one, didn't like the fact I got couldn't adjust voltage out to amps. I'm also a member of DIYMA, stay lurking for new gear. Got to much know, need to get rid of some lol. I will check out the DSP on DIYMA as well.

I would like to say thanks to everyone for there suggestions and helpfulness. I tracked down the problem to the amp. I used a 3.5 to rca adapter in my phone, and the amp did the same no matter the adjustment

I would like to say thanks to everyone for there suggestions and helpfulness. I tracked down the problem to the amp. I used a 3.5 to rca adapter in my phone, and the amp did the same no matter the adjustment
Im sorry to hear that the amplifier didnt perform for you. Hopefully you can locate a much better one to serve well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...