Participant count
  • Participant list

damname101

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all!

So i finally got my amazon order:
-2x10" subs rockford fosgate primes r/2 dual vc 4 ohms
-pyramid AMERICA (<----thats how they suckered me in) amp pb3818 5000 watt
-sealed box, not sure the specs, fits in trunk of 08 mazda 3 with 6 in" to spare on either side....somewhat deap but kinda stumpy and the box is divided.
-android stereo, engerwall special from amazon

I have been installing stereos, whenever i get a different car, since like 1993. Somewhere beyond noob and before pro lol. Anyway, i slapped this thing in and
immediately had to return the head unit. I finally get a new hu installed and got the amp powered and speakers jumping.....but no thumpin....

It puts out weak sound that sounds like shiz. So i wired both VC on each speaker and it sounded a bit louder but still crappy. I checked my polarities
and reversed the rca jacks and it sounds a bit louder. I then took a speaker out while it was jamming and it thumped a bit harder....ok..... so i cut 1.5"
holes in the sides of the box and it still sounds like shiz. You can barley feel it, the rearview mirror isnt moving and it really isnt any lourder than my HU.

I dont get it... what am i missing here? ANY and ALL help will be greatly appreciated. :)

So i wired both VC on each speaker and it sounded a bit louder but still crappy. I checked my polarities
and reversed the rca jacks and it sounds a bit louder. I then took a speaker out while it was jamming and it thumped a bit harder....ok..... so i cut 1.5"
holes in the sides of the box and it still sounds like shiz. You can barley feel it, the rearview mirror isnt moving and it really isnt any lourder than my HU.
Uhhhhhhhh

really.jpg

The pyramid amp is close to enough watts for the subs. Probably a bit short. You’d need to bridge it at 4 ohms, so your subs would need to be wired right also. The holes in the box kills it though. It won’t work with holes in the box.

The pyramid amp is close to enough watts for the subs. Probably a bit short. You’d need to bridge it at 4 ohms, so your subs would need to be wired right also. The holes in the box kills it though. It won’t work with holes in the box.

crap ok.... i can fix the box prolly. ill 3d print some plugs and fill the holes with polyfill. hope it works. make a plastic sandwich.

also the speakers seem to be moving quite a bit. alot like they should be moving if everything was sounding great. thats why i
tried porting the box.

That’s right. Usually I wire the subs in parallel and just run one speaker wire to the amp, but that should work the same way. Also make sure your subs are screwed tight to the box. Any type of air leak will ruin the sound.

awesome! TY much. i just printed the plugs for the holes i drilled. they turned out great and i feel they should seal the box well enough. i will rewire the subs after the second set gets done printing. let ya know how it turns out.

awesome! TY much. i just printed the plugs for the holes i drilled. they turned out great and i feel they should seal the box well enough. i will rewire the subs after the second set gets done printing. let ya know how it turns out.
It should be fine as long as it’s air tight. There can’t be any leaks in the box.

ok. its sounding alot better now. got my rear-view dancing. still a bit under powered if you ask me but now if i turn it up i cant hear the factory speakers. mission accomplished. thank you very much slugbutter !

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...