subs output is low

Participant count
  • Participant list

panteramatt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I installed 2 sundown sd3 10's behind the seat of my 2006 f350. The sealed box gives each sub 1cuft each and each one is getting a true 600 watts rms. PRoblem is they just dont hit very hard at all or get low. Barely moves my mirror. Now I know the box want built for the subs and its probally not the best location but can I do anything to improve the output? Should I use polyfill or put ports in the box

What amp are you supplying the subs?What size is your supply wiring to the amplifier?Stock battery?What battery are you running, and what size is your alternator?(Stock)?Have you done the big 3?Are you sure you are at a 1 ohm load?Have you checked with a DMM meter?Are the subs DVC 2 Ohm, or DVC 4 Ohm, or SVC 4 ohm?Ive had a pair of Dayton DVC 4 ohm subs on 1k slamm nicely sealed @ 2 ohms mono.

I wondering if I should turn the gain up a little. I set it with a multimeter to 16v and its about 1/8 way up on the dial. I can play it loud for a while and the amp is cool.

The bass is decently loud but doesnt hit low and when a long bass note hits, itll hit it but cut off pretty fast. I have my low pass at 100db but the amp has no high pass.

Heres a review with a similar setup:

This amp runs perfectly, and stays cool even under sustained load. I see that many people think the two speaker connections means this is a two channel amp. Not so, Pioneer did this to make hook-ups easier for the consumer. You can run your subs parallel in the box, or have two speaker leads(one to each input)and get the same ohms load at the amp. So, 1 mono channel with two hook-ups! I have this amp powering two Sundown Audio SA-10D4 10" dvc 4ohm subs, parallel for 1ohm load, in a dual vented FoxBox in my 2013 Ram Crew Cab. The bass is so clean and deep! These speakers are rated 600W rms/1200W max. The amp is 1200W rms/2400W max. Gain is at just under half. Absolutely shakes my truck, mirrors are useless at times:) I also have the Pioneer GM8604(4channel, 600W rms/1200W max, powering 4xKicker comp r 6x9s, two Memphis 3.5s(dash) and 2x pioneer basalt 4"s(rear b-pillars) fronts, rears ran parallel 2ohm load. Pioneer has really up'd their game in recent years. Awesome amps at excellent prices. You won't be disappointed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.