Subs not working... What gives

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fuzion64

BFE
Took my truck into a car audio shop to have a amplifier placed on all the mids and highs. Mids and highs sound amazing, but the subwoofer no longer hits. It's getting power and the subwoofer is vibrating as if you were doing the hertz test on it for the frequency test when tuning it but it doesn't hit hard to music at all.

The 2 12s are powered by Kenwood 9106D amp 2000 W

The subs are kicker comp CVT's 800 W max each

Mids and highs just had a brand-new (Amp) placed on it with a JL 4 channel 400w and for some reason now the bass no longer hits on the subs They just vibrate at the same idle power no matter how high or low the amp itself is turned up or down.

The amp for the subwoofer is getting full power and the subs are vibrating just fine even on idle like they would when you're doing the Hertz test for configuration and tuning however they're not hitting to music what gives?

Head unit self is a pioneer 6800 BT

The subs don't even shake the rear view mirror or shake all the windows as before or cause any vibration whatsoever . Before I left the truck for them to work on overnight and got a new amp on the mids and highs separately everything was working fine . The bass hit so hard you couldn't even use the rear view mirror.

I'm thinking there something on the amp or head unit itsself that got deactivated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.