Subs not hitting as hard as i want

kaleb.n.willis

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12's wired @1ohm on a Skar RP-2000.1D. Theyre in a ported Fosgate box in my trunk, my trunk is 12 cubic feet, it barely fits in there. My dad has the same set up but with a Fosgate 1500 in a bigger trunk. His subs hit loads harder than mine, im trying to understand if his amp is just that much better than mine, I know Fosgate is better than Skar, but it's a HUGE difference, or idk if his extra trunk space is the reason. My subs move more than his, but with his you can feel much deeper and fuller bass. I've tinkered with just about every filter and setting I can, I can't even try to get them to hit the same, but im also not trying to spend 1,000 on an amp just for deeper bass. Just wondering if someone knows a reason I can't think of, I keep thinking it's the larger trunk and cabin space, but he swears it's the amp, any feedback will be appreciated

Last edited:
I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12's wired @1ohm on a Skar RP-2000.1D. Theyre in a ported Fosgate box in my trunk, my trunk is 12 cubic feet, it barely fits in there. My dad has the same set up but with a Fosgate 1500 in a bigger trunk. His subs hit loads harder than mine, im trying to understand if his amp is just that much better than mine, I know Fosgate is better than Skar, but it's a HUGE difference, or idk if his extra trunk space is the reason. My subs move more than his, but with his you can feel much deeper and fuller bass. I've tinkered with just about every filter and setting I can, I can't even try to get them to hit the same, but im also not trying to spend 1,000 on an amp just for deeper bass. Just wondering if someone knows a reason I can't think of, I keep thinking it's the larger trunk and cabin space, but he swears it's the amp, any feedback will be appreciated
Those Bdcp T series amps kick ass 1st off but a 2K in the "same setup" should be close.

Are the enclosures identical too? Same vehicle? more info would help

Prefab Rockford boxes are tuned super high. The BDCP’s really are nice amps and yes better than the Skar but power shouldn’t be the problem.

If everything is basically equal and your subs are moving more but his is much louder.
Possibly the 2 subs are out of phase?
You can't visually tell by watching them play music normally. Remove the speaker wire at the amp and test the subs phase using a drill battery or 9v even.
They should move in unison.
Only thing I can think of to check unless its signal somehow.
His is WAY louder? And yours is just abnormally quiet?
Its so simple its often overlooked.
And unless the prefabs are identical tunings may be quite different

Those Skar Rp amps are not clean at all. I agree with your pops, it's the amp. Plus, how many cubes is your box? If your trunk is 12 cubes, then, a 5 cube (give or take) box shout fit fine.

I'd like to see where your gain is compared to his. Bass Boost, subsonic, bass boost, deck settings and pre-output voltage. I would bet that his gain is even set lower than yours. All things usually aren't equal when all is said and done.

Attachments

• IMG_20210401_235823_098.jpg
    IMG_20210401_235823_098.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 167
Most likely box.

Also the Cruze has a 140 amp alternator which is good for a Sedan, your dad might have a 20-30 amp advantage over you plus better efficency rating if your alt has never been replaced. His car might also have better OEM deadening as well.

Those boxes are engineered to be as loud and as efficient as possible given their size. I doubt Rockford would engineer something that completely svcks. My guess is it’s something else

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...