Subs not getting Loud any more?

you should never just unhook the ground from the amp. better to pull the inline fuse to it or unhook the posative or remote. but if you dont have inline fuse i would totally unhook the amp/ i mean unhook it all. and also it sounds like you had current issues before you installed the 4ch if they were dimming badly before hand.
ok, when i get time i will fully unhook the amp, and see what happends. if the problem is indeed the extra 500 watts, what can i do to help increase power. Larger power wire?

well try unhookin the rf amp totally and see what you get. i would meter the voltages at the amps, battery, rca's at the amps as well. im out for the night. hope you get it figured out man. there are alot of good people on here that will help ya out but not many on at this time of day. i will check in on the thread later. gl op.

ok, when i get time i will fully unhook the amp, and see what happends. if the problem is indeed the extra 500 watts, what can i do to help increase power. Larger power wire?
run 1/0 and add a battery would help. do the big 3. but idk there seems to be an issue somewhere.

hey, your 4 channel is not 500 watts. There is no way, what components are you running? Even if you are adding another 150-200 watts, that will not affect your subs output much. If you have a voltage problem, it is because your alternator is strained or your battery is dying or not completely charged.

Didn't i mention i have had this same problem? I have been down the same road as you, i still don't know why my system got quieter either. It could be so many things.

Oh, and what size wire is running to your battery?

hey, your 4 channel is not 500 watts. There is no way, what components are you running? Even if you are adding another 150-200 watts, that will not affect your subs output much. If you have a voltage problem, it is because your alternator is strained or your battery is dying or not completely charged.
Didn't i mention i have had this same problem? I have been down the same road as you, i still don't know why my system got quieter either. It could be so many things.

so you still haven't figured out what the issue is?

I really think it is my batter now. the power wires are 4 gauge.

I appreciate all the help guys, sorry if i have been difficult, i only know so much, as i did not do the install.

so you still haven't figured out what the issue is?
I really think it is my batter now. the power wires are 4 gauge.

I appreciate all the help guys, sorry if i have been difficult, i only know so much, as i did not do the install.
nope, i don't have the money right now to spend on a really good head unit, amp, or subs. It could be as simple as a hurt amp or even preouts failing on the head unit.

I have to ask you this, did you mess with you HU settings at all? And 4 gauge is probably not big enough to run to the battery, you should get 1 gauge for that.

nope, i don't have the money right now to spend on a really good head unit, amp, or subs. It could be as simple as a hurt amp or even preouts failing on the head unit.
I have to ask you this, did you mess with you HU settings at all? And 4 gauge is probably not big enough to run to the battery, you should get 1 gauge for that.
the settings on the head unit are basic, and are where the should be, they are the same as they were before the 4 channel was in...

i am really thinking bad batter now and so small of power wire.

the settings on the head unit are basic, and are where the should be, they are the same as they were before the 4 channel was in...
i am really thinking bad batter now and so small of power wire.
well, with all i have been through, if what i said before isn't the culprit, i would say either your amp is dying, or your subs are damaged or possibly the wire came loose inside the subwoofer terminals.

once again, how do you know what the rf 4ch is? are you saying they didnt make a 500w 4ch in that model? and idk how much you know obout rf but if its only 150w then thats about the smallest one they made at the time and wouldnt only put out 150w. it would be more like 300. if the sub amp was dimming the lights badly on its own then adding anything even a 100w amp would put more strain and would take some current away from the sub amp.

did you try taking the rf completely out? check you voltages?
i haven't had a chance to take the amp out, the truck is actually my brothers , and i am trying to investigate the issue for him. So he has the truck right now,

Hey,

I'm Cali_Screws brother. It's an 06 Nissan Titan Crew Cab. I am picking up another battery, and should know by tonight or in a few days if that's what the problem is. Come to think of it, I added that amp when my battery started to die. I don't need that recall done either, because I am very anal about my truck and check EVERYTHING on it.

I have another problem here too, if I should switch my subs out or not. I am working with a RF 1001 BD. I heard they are good amps, and can actually do ~1200W. So, I am wondering if my 2 12W3s or 4 10s that can handle 1200W be better. Or, try out 2 12" RE SE. If I did the 10s, I would FF them compared to the 12s which would be UF, and limit me to about 6.8" MD.

I can spend maybe $300 on the subs, and can get about 3.2 CU FT for my box. I am a noob about audio, so if I mistake something please forgive me. I need to do some more reading. Let me know if you have sub ideas!!

Also want to thank you guys for the help you have given so far

I didnt' read the other bs, but it might be that since you amp'd your door speakers, your sub is not as loud RELATIVE to your door speakers. They're probably playing the same as they were before, but now your amp'd door speakers are louder making you feel that your sub is not as loud.

I didnt' read the other bs, but it might be that since you amp'd your door speakers, your sub is not as loud RELATIVE to your door speakers. They're probably playing the same as they were before, but now your amp'd door speakers are louder making you feel that your sub is not as loud.
i thought that at first, but he use to be able to shake and rattle things in the truck he can not do any more.

its current related... friend had jl 1000/1 subs banged and after he added a jl 450/4 and components the subs significantly lost output but after the addition of a h/o alt/ big 3 and new yellow top the subs were louder than before he added the highs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.