Subs not getting Loud any more?

Well does your 4Ch amp have a crossover? If it has a high pass x-over set it to about 80Hz to start with then adjust from there. If your main speakers are trying to play the same frequencies as the sub, it can cause cancellations.
are you saying adjust the cross over to 80 hz? if so that is what it is set at. front and rear.

i'm telling you, it is worth a try. i though the same thing and noticed my insulation was burned on my voice coils causing a short. It could be your head unit as well.
How much output have you lost roughly?
when you say head unit, what do you mean to weak?

the doors are plently loud just the subs are weak...

I lost a GOOD amount, i mean its like i went from W3's to W1's in a shity box.

when you say head unit, what do you mean to weak?
the doors are plently loud just the subs are weak...

I lost a GOOD amount, i mean its like i went from W3's to W1's in a shity box.
i have both of those subs, and i know the difference between them. That is a huge difference IMO.

OK, check your voltage with the car running and tell me what it is reading. You have to take this step by step or you will have a really tough time finding the problem

Try taking the left or right rca jack and pulling it out and see if the subs get quieter. IF they dont get quieter, then you have a bad rca.

did you mess with your fading? Probably not the problem, just asking.
Fader is the same, no change.

i have both of those subs, and i know the difference between them. That is a huge difference IMO.
OK, check your voltage with the car running and tell me what it is reading. You have to take this step by step or you will have a really tough time finding the problem

Try taking the left or right rca jack and pulling it out and see if the subs get quieter. IF they dont, then you have a bad rca.

How do i check voltage? also what RCA do i check, on the amp or from the head unit. another thing. can having the RCA's backwards on the head unit cause a loss in output?

Fader is the same, no change.

How do i check voltage? also what RCA do i check, on the amp or from the head unit. another thing. can having the RCA's backwards on the head unit cause a loss in output?
with subs, i don't think it matters. But check anyways. Make sure your rca's are connected the same from the amp as they are in the head unit. It doesn't matter which one you pull out from the amp, i would do both, one at a time though. Also, you need a dmm and set it to dc voltage (200) and put the red probe on the power cable terminal on the amp, and the black probe on the ground terminal on the amp and it will tell you how many volts your amp is getting at full tilt.

Tell me your results

with subs, i don't think it matters. But check anyways. Make sure your rca's are connected the same from the amp as they are in the head unit. It doesn't matter which one you pull out from the amp, i would do both, one at a time though. Also, you need a dmm and set it to dc voltage (200) and put the red probe on the power cable terminal on the amp, and the black probe on the ground terminal on the amp and it will tell you how many volts your amp is getting at full tilt.
Tell me your results
ok.. Where should my voltage be? also if my voltage is to low what do i need to do to fix that?

Another thing, does it matter where you tune to in volume on the head unit, for example my head unit goes to 35, but i tuned it to be "loud" at 22-25, is that fine?

ok.. Where should my voltage be? also if my voltage is to low what do i need to do to fix that?
Another thing, does it matter where you tune to in volume on the head unit, for example my head unit goes to 35, but i tuned it to be "loud" at 22-25, is that fine?
it depends, i would turn it up to 28/35 and then set my gains according to that volume. Voltage on the amp with the car on should be around 13.5-14.4

it depends, i would turn it up to 28/35 and then set my gains according to that volume. Voltage on the amp with the car on should be around 13.5-14.4
so if my voltage is low how do i fix that?

also can low Pre outs cause low bass?

like mentioned you may not have enuff current to run both amps effectively. thats my first thought.

what two amps do you have? and total fuse rating for the both of them? what size power wire? do you have front, rear and sub pre outs on your hu? are your amps sharing the rear output on the hu? what car is this in so we can figure out your alt size????

like mentioned you may not have enuff current to run both amps effectively. thats my first thought.
what two amps do you have? and total fuse rating for the both of them? what size power wire? do you have front, rear and sub pre outs on your hu? are your amps sharing the rear output on the hu? what car is this in so we can figure out your alt size????
i believe the power wire for them is 4 gauge

My amp for the sub is a PDX 1000.1 for the subs and a old rockford amp. Not sure on model, it does look like this

551s.gif

and i believe it is a 80 Amp fuses. i do not know about front/rear ans sub pre- outs, the truck is a 06 nissan titan.

this may be able to help you on the pre outs of the head unit.

A10A2CA4549E7DFDFB239A425AE84593.png

i believe the power wire for them is 4 gauge
My amp for the sub is a PDX 1000.1 for the subs and a old rockford amp. Not sure on model, it does look like this

551s.gif

and i believe it is a 80 Amp fuses. i do not know about front/rear ans sub pre- outs, the truck is a 06 nissan titan.

this may be able to help you on the pre outs of the head unit.

A10A2CA4549E7DFDFB239A425AE84593.png
well the alpine may be 80 amps plus what ever the rockford is so your well over 100 for sure. i would guess around 120 or so amps.

that does not really help me on the preouts man, a simple yes it has three sets of outs or yes i ran three sets of rca's to my amps would of been better. or maybe a yes the front outs from my hu go to the 4ch amp and the rear output is split to go to the 4ch and my sub amp would help too.

how many sets of rca's are ran from the hu to your trunk?

can you control the sub amp with the subwoofer control on your hu?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.