Subs miss matched, big deal or no?

One sub is definitely damaged. You can say the spider is still attached, but you posted a pic clearly showing the spider detached from the cone. It might still be attached part way around the spider, but that just means the spider will work against keeping excursion linear, the opposite of its intended purpose. Not trying to sound like a dick, just wanting to make sure you fully understand the situation. The one sub is definitely bad.
If one sub is rated at 400 watts, and the other at 800 watts, they are almost certainly very different subs and should not be attempted to couple together. The person you bought these speakers from doesn't seem to know much, Id avoid his advice in the future.
They are the same sub, so I'm gonna assume one says 400w rms and the other is 800w peak.

Edit...too slow :/

IMO cheap *** subs having a varience of that much wouldn't be a big shock. They are very possibly different models (or at least different year's models).

Just use them till everything blows up and save your money to buy something decent. Also get yourself a fire extinguisher.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

another Maine member... nice.dual 5 ohm subs dont exist, not sure about that one...
He's in Presqile.....doubt we'll see him at a lot of shows.

The big old city of P.I. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif thats up there a bit.

I have a JL 12w1v2 and a RF P2 running together. I haven't had any problems.
That's because you have no reference to show you how much better the performance would be with matched subs. People tend to think that if they still make noise, there is no problem. That is a false conclusion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.